|Real Name||Bipin Rawat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2016)||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Not Known|
|School||St Edward’s School, Shimla|
|College||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
Defence Services Staff College, Wellington Cantonment, Tamil Nadu, India
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
|Educational Qualifications||BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
MA in Political Science from Gujarat University
|Commissioned||On 16 December 1978 into the 5th Battalion of 11 Gorkha Rifles|
|Family||Father- L S Rawat (Lt. General Indian Army)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Official Address||South Block of the Central Secretariat, Raisina Hill, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga and workouts|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Salary||2.5 Lakh INR/Month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bipin Rawat
- Does Bipin Rawat Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Bipin Rawat Drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in a family serving Indian Army since generations.
- His father, L S Rawat, has also served in the Indian Army as Lt. General.
- On 16 December 1978, he was commissioned into the 5th Battalion of 11 Gorkha Rifles.
- In 1986, during a face off in the Sumdorong Chu Valley, he led his Battalion as a colonel against the Chinese PLA.
- He has vast experience in counter-insurgency operations and high altitude warfare.
- He was twice awarded the Force Commander’s Commendation by the Democratic Republic of Congo, where he commanded a Multinational Brigade.
- In a span of 37 years of his career in the Indian Army, he has been awarded a number of gallantry awards including AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, COAS Commendation on two occasions & Army Commander’s Commendation.
- On 1 September 2016, he became the Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- On 17 December 2016, he was designated as the 26th Chief of Army Staff by the Government of India.
- Various opposition parties cried foul over his appointment as the Chief of Army Staff for superseding two senior most Lt Generals, Praveen Bakshi & P M Hariz.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)