|Full Name||Gary David Cohn|
|Nickname(s)||"Globalist Gary" and "Carbon Tax Cohn"|
|Famous For||Chief Economic Advisor to President Donald Trump and Goldman Sachs President|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 100 kg
in pounds- 220 lbs
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1960|
|Age (as in 2017)||57 Years|
|Birth Place||Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States|
|School||Gilmour Academy, Ohio, United States|
|College/University||Kogod School of Business, American University, Washington, D.C., United States|
|Educational Qualification||A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Finance, Real Estate and Urban Development from American University in 1982|
|Political Inclination||Democratic (registered); however, he says, “I’m not a Democrat, and I’m not a Republican. … I just want to get things done.”|
|Controversy||In November 2017, his name appeared in the list of politicians named in "Paradise Papers" allegations|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Lisa A Pevaroff-Cohn (painting, jewelry, and collage artist)
|Parents||Father- Victor Cohn (electrician turned real estate developer)
Mother- Ellen Cohn
|Favorite Leader(s)||Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr.|
|Salaries||$22 million (at Goldman Sachs in 2014)
$21 million (at Goldman Sachs in 2015)
$30,000 (as Chief Economic Advisor in the Donald Trump's administration in 2018)
|Net Worth (approx.)||Between $252 to $611 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gary Cohn
- Does Gary Cohn smoke?: Not Known
- Does Gary Cohn drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He is the grandson of a poor Polish immigrant.
- He grew up in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio.
- In his childhood, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, due to which, he had to attend 4 schools by the time he reached the 6th grade.
- After graduating from the American University, he worked for U.S. Steel in Cleveland; selling aluminum siding.
- Initially, his mother wanted him to become a truck driver.
- In an interview, Cohn shared an interesting fact about his life, he said that once he bluffed his way into a job interview when he was on a trip to New York. He headed to Wall Street to grab a job, and when he saw a man in the suit, he jumped to share the cab with him. The man turned out to be a top player at a major Wall Street brokerage firm. Cohn further said, “I lied to him all the way to the airport. When he said, ‘Do you know what an option is? I said, ‘Of course I do, I know everything, I can do anything for you.”
- After working few years on Wall Street, Cohn was recruited by Goldman Sachs in 1990. He spent 26 years at Goldman Sachs, working his way up to President and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- During the time of the 2008 economic crisis, Cohn was in a major leadership role at Goldman Sachs.
- Under the Trump Administration, media cited him a supporter of globalism that led him to earn the nicknames- “Globalist Gary” and “Carbon Tax Cohn.”
- Along with Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and Dina Powell, opponents referred them as the “Wall Street-wing” of the Trump administration.
- On March 6, 2018, following Trump’s trade policy to impose import tariffs on steel and aluminum, Cohn resigned from the National Economic Council.
- Cohn, along with his wife Lisa A Pevaroff-Cohn, is the founding board member of the New York University Child Study Center.