|Real Name||Govind Namdev|
|Famous For|| Playing the role of villian in Bollywood films such as Bandit Queen, Prem Granth, Virasat, etc
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||3 September 1950|
|Age (as in 2018)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||National School of Drama (1977)|
|College/University||Delhi University (Private)
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
|Debut||Film (Bollywood): Shola Aur Shabnam (1992)
Film (Hollywood): Solar Eclipse: Depth of Darkness (2018)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• In 1999, nominated for Filmfare Awards in the category of Best Villian for the movie Satya (1998)
• In 2008, won Indian Competition Award in the category of Best Actor for the movie Kabootar (2008)
• Osian Cine Fan International Award for Best Actor in 2012
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
Daughters- Megha Namdeo
|Parents||Father- Sri Ram Prasad Bhagwan (Tailor)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- 5 Brothers (Names Not Known)
Sister- 4 Sisters (Names Not Known)
|Favourite Actors||Dilip Kumar, Amrish Puri|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Govind Namdev
- Govind Namdev was born into a middle-class family, which used to run the business of sewing the clothes of religious idols.
- After completing his 7th class he had come to Delhi to complete his studies. He was a topper, both in academics as well as extracurricular activities and thus had completed his further studies on the basis of scholarships.
- After graduating from National School of Drama in 1977 he had joined NSD repertory company and worked as a Theatre actor for 12–13 years in the countries like Germany, Poland and London.
- During his school days, he was made the Student Sergeant of the NCC (Air Force Wing) and the President of the School Cultural Wing because of his excellence in drama, poetry, singing.
- Govind Namdev’s first salary amounted to 50000 rupees which he had earned from his debut movie Shola Aur Shabnam (1992).
- His noteworthy works include films like OMG – Oh My God!, Dum Maro Dum, Bandit Queen, Virasat, Satya, Kachche Dhaage, Mast, Thakshak, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, Pukar, Raju Chacha, Sarfarosh, Satta, Qayamat and many more.
- In the year 2018, exactly 26 years after working with Govinda in the movie Shola Aur Shabnam (1992), both of them have been cast together for the movie “Raju Rangeela” in which Govinda plays a triple role and is directed by Pahlaj Nihalani.
- He is too passionate about creating awareness about the social causes, his film “Santap” is based on a real-life story of a Dalit rape victim girl who seeks justice.