|Famous Role||'Gauri' in Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Sar Utha Ke Jiyo Hindi (1998)
Film (Telugu): Santosham (2002)
Film (Punjabi): Lakh Pardesi Hoiye (2007)
Film (Malayalam): Loudspeaker (2009)
Film (Kannada): Meghave Meghave (2009)
Film (Marathi): Andhala Doctor (2011)
Film (Gujarati): Baba Ramsaa Peer (2012)
Film (Bengali): Samadhi (2013)
TV Debut: Amanat, Zee TV (1997)- as 'Dinky'
|Date of Birth||20 July 1980 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||39 Years|
|School||Manav Sthali School, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Arts Gracy Singh-Bk.com|
|Religion||Sikhism Gracy Singh-Bk.com|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Spotboye|
|Hobbies||Dancing and Singing|
|Relationships & More|
Note: She has been associated with Brahma Kumaris for several years; a religious organisation that suggests to follow complete celibacy to its active members. Hindustan Times
|Parents||Father- Swaran Singh
Mother- Late Verjinder Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Rubal Singh
Sister- Lisa Singh
|Travel Destination(s)||Goa, Dubai, and New York|
|Book||Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gracy Singh
- Does Gracy Singh smoke?: No Hindustan Times
- Does Gracy Singh drink alcohol?: No Hindustan Times
- Gracy Singh is a popular actress, who has worked in many popular Indian TV serials and films of different regional languages. In the initial years of her acting career, she got the opportunity to work in the iconic Bollywood films such as Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001) and Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2004).
- She was born into a traditional Sikh family.
- She developed an interest in acting and dancing while she was in school. During her school holidays, she used to take Bharatanatyam classes.
- After completing her school, she joined a dance group called ‘Planets,’ while she was pursuing her graduation.
- In 1997, she auditioned for the TV serial ‘Amanat’ and got selected.
- She has won many awards for the Bollywood film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001); the film was nominated for the Academy Awards in 2002.
- Apart from Bollywood films, she has also appeared in many regional films including- ‘Santosham’ (Telugu, 2002), ‘Loudspeaker’ (Malyalam, 2009), ‘Rama Rama Krishna Krishna’ (Telugu, 2010), and ‘Chooriyan’ (Punjabi, 2006).
- She performed in ‘Radhika,’ a theatre dance drama in 2006, for the very first time.
- In 2009, she formed her own dance troupe, depicting the Indian culture.
- In 2013, Gracy joined ‘The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University.’
- While sharing her experience after joining Brahma Kumaris spiritual organisation, she said,
I have experienced unlimited protection, peace, happiness, understanding, acceptance, and support. The BK’s, as they are known, have about one million members worldwide and they are some of the kindest, warmest and most intelligent people I have ever met.”
- She has appeared in the Hindi mythological serials- ‘Santoshi Maa’ (2015) and ‘Santoshi Maa – Sunaye Vrat Kathayein’ (2019); as the title character, which was aired on ‘&TV.’
References/Sources: [ + ]