Height: 5' 6"
Age: 53 Years
Salary: ₹60 Crore/film
|Full Name||Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Nickname(s)||Mr. Perfectionist, The Choco Boy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 13 inches
|Debut||As a child actor: Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
As a lead actor: Holi (1984)
Producer: Lagaan (2001)
TV: Satyamev Jayate (2014)
1989: Best Male Debut for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
1997: Best Actor for Raja Hindustani
2002: Best Actor for Lagaan
2007: Best Actor (Critics) for Rang De Basanti
2008: Best Director for Taare Zameen Par
2017: Best Actor for Dangal
2002: Film Lagaan was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film
BIG Star Entertainment Awards
2010: BIG Star – Film Actor of Decade (Male)
2003: Padma Shri by the Government of India
2009: Raj Kapoor Smriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra
2010: Padma Bhushan by the Government of India
2017: National Treasure of India by the Government of China
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||14 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2019)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||J.B. Petit School, Mumbai (pre-primary education)
St. Anne's High School, Bandra, Mumbai (till the eighth grade)
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai (ninth and tenth grade)
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College (Twelfth grade)|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (mainly Pathan)|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (At the age of 50, he decided to quit non-vegetarian)|
|Address||2, Hill View Apartments, Opposite Mehboob Studio, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Hobbies||Listening Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis and Cricket|
|Controversies||• Aamir Khan faced public insult when his brother Faisal Khan blamed him for captivating him in the house and vigorously giving him pills saying that he is mentally ill. The stuff even reached the court, and his guardianship was given to his father. However, his father gave the liability back to Aamir.
• Aamir had previously called Shah Rukh Khan a dog while declaring that he had named his dog after him. He afterwards said that Shah Rukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. Later he apologised to Shah Rukh and his family by visiting Shah Rukh’s home.
• In December 2015, he made a public statement that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant which was criticised by most people.
• During the shoot of Ghulam, Aamir attracted a controversy when famous writer Jessica Hines claimed that Aamir was the father of her son Jaan. It was featured in Stardust magazine that Aamir was madly in love with her and they were in a live-in relationship. When Jessica got pregnant, things got changed and Aamir forced him to abort the child, but she ignored his decision and gave birth to a baby boy to which Aamir never agreed. However, Jessica has also never publicly accepted it but also has never denied it.
|Relationships & More
|Marriage Date(s)||First Wife: 18 April, 1986
Second Wife: 28 December, 2005
|Wives/Spouse(s)||First Wife: Reena Dutta (m.1986 - div.2002)
Second Wife: Kiran Rao (m.2005 - present)
|Children||Sons- Junaid Khan (from First Wife), Azad Rao Khan (from Second Wife)
Daughter- Ira Khan (from First Wife)
|Parents||Father- Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
Mother- Zeenat Hussain
|Siblings||Brother- Faisal Khan (younger)
Sisters- Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan (both younger)
|Favourite Food(s)||Indian and Moghlai dishes, Dal and rice|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Govinda|
|Favourite Actresses||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Sridevi|
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)|
|Favourite Fruit(s)||Banana, Apple|
|Favourite Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly|
|Favourite Writer||Lav Nikolayevich Tolstoy|
|Favourite Game||Settlers Of Catan|
|Favourite Song||Oh Re Taal Mile from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Tennis, Cricket|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental,
Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom,
Land Rover Range Rover SUV, BMW 6 series
|Salary (approx.)||₹60 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹1302 Crore ($200 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aamir Khan
- Does Aamir Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Aamir Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Aamir comes from film industry background as his father was a film producer and his uncle was also a film-maker.
- His great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad was a popular Indian freedom fighter as he led the Khilafat Movement and was an ardent supporter of Mahatma Gandhi. He has named his younger son Azad Rao Khan in the memory of his great grand uncle.
- His father’s film productions were a flop in a majority, which led to poor financial conditions. He told that at that time, there were around 30 calls a day from lenders calling for money and he was always at risk of being expelled from school for not paying fees.
- He was crazy about balloons and kites in his childhood.
- At the age of 8, he made a headstart of his career as a child actor in the film Yaadon Ki Baaraat, which is considered the first Bollywood masala film.
- The same year, he played the younger role of Mahendra Sandhu in his father’s production Madhosh.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in playing lawn tennis and also represented his school in several state-level championships. He was also the state Tennis winner for Maharashtra.
- At 16, he worked as an Assistant Director with his friend Aditya Bhattacharya (Filmmaker Basu Bhattacharya’s son) in his silent experimental film titled Paranoia.
- For the promotion of his film- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, he, along with his cousin and co-star Raj Zutshi, went on roads to stick the posters of the movie on the buses and auto-rickshaws in Bombay.
- In 1990, he was featured in Indra Kumar’s film- Dil, which was his first major hit after four flops in a row.
- While filming the stunt for the movie- Ghulam, which showcased Aamir running on rail tracks towards an oncoming train, he just missed the train by 1.3 seconds as he jumped off the track. Moreover, this scene was also awarded the Best Scene Award at the 44th Filmfare Awards, but he refused to accept it.
- Finally, in 1996, he came up with a blockbuster- Raja Hindustani, which received great laurels from the audience. His kiss with Karisma in the movie is considered as one of the longest kisses in a Bollywood film.
- He consumed one litre of vodka before the shoot of the song “Tere Ishq Mein Naachenge” to deliver his drunk character more efficiently.
- To get into the character of Bhuvan in his movie Lagaan, he got his ears pierced so that he could wear earrings in real. Moreover, his phenomenal performance in Lagaan took the movie to the Oscars.
- When Farah Khan approached him to make a special appearance in Om Shanti Om song, he declined by saying that he is busy in shooting and cannot make up time for it.
- In his blockbuster hit- PK, his character was shown fond of paan, and he ate approximately over 10000 paans during the filming of the entire movie.
- Aamir was the first choice for movies Darr, Swades, Saajan, and Hum Aapke Hain Koun, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt, and Salman Khan and turned out to be blockbusters.
- When he was invited on the display of his wax imitation at Madame Tussauds, he declined to attend the same.
- Aamir doesn’t believe in showbiz and maintains uniformity in his birthday celebration. Each year, he cuts his cake and then relishes a dinner with his family. Moreover, he takes a resolution every year on his birthday to quit smoking but ends up breaking it.
- Aamir was offered the role that Sharman Joshi played in 3 Idiots by Raju Hirani. However, he showed his interest in character- Rancho and charmed the audience later with his incredible acting.
- While filming for a drunk scene in 3 Idiots, Aamir suggested actually to get drunk, and they all did, which resulted in numerous retakes till the stock of camera got over. Here’s a glimpse of the making of that scene:
- In an interview, Aamir disclosed that Abhijaat Joshi is working on the sequel of 3 Idiots, which might hit the theatres around 2020.
- In 2012, he came up with an Indian television talk show- Satyamev Jayate, which was aired simultaneously on Star Plus, STAR World, and Doordarshan and completed three seasons in eight languages.
- He was featured in the Time Magazine’s list- “100 Most Influential People in The World” in 2013.
- Her wife Kiran revealed on Koffee With Karan that Aamir hates taking a shower and has an eating disorder.
- Aamir’s movie Dangal charmed the audience with his exclusive acting skills and became the first Indian movie to gross over ₹2000 crores worldwide and also the highest grossing film in China in the year 2017.
- For his movie Dangal, he was first asked to gain 28kgs of weight and then lost 25 kg in the time duration of 5-6 months to play younger Mahavir Singh Phogat, and he was personally trained by Rahul Bhatt.
- It was also revealed by Dangal’s director, Nitesh Tiwari that Aamir used to abuse a lot during his workout sessions in the gym.
- Besides acting, he has also been an official ambassador of UNICEF.
- He has a son with his second wife, Kiran Rao through surrogacy and he also became a spokesperson for Invitro Fertilisation after this.
- Aamir has been avoiding media reporting and going to award ceremonies since 1990; when he was nominated for Best Actor award for his movie Dil, but the award went to Sunny Deol for Ghayal.
- Aamir loves solving Rubik’s cube and is also an expert at it. Here’s a video where he has solved the cube in just 36 seconds while discussing his next movie:
- He is also an amazing videographer; as he has shot the wedding ceremony of Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna in 2001.
- Aamir’s fans are not only limited to India, but they are amassed all over the globe. International superstar Jackie Chan is a big fan of his work.
- In 2018, he was starred in Vijay Krishna Acharya’s film- Thugs of Hindostan based on a fictional novel titled Confessions of a Thug.
- Aamir usually explains the meaning of his favourite song “Oh Re Taal Mile” from the film “Anokhi Raat” to every other person he talks with.