Wife: Zenobia Irani
Age: 62 Years
|Famous Roles||Dr.Asthana (Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.)
Viru Sahastrabuddhe or Virus (3 Idiots)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 88 kg
in Pounds- 194 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 43 Inches
- Waist: 38 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||2 December 1959|
|Age (as of 2021)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagpada, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Mary’s School, Mumbai|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Polytechnic|
|Debut||Film: Everybody Says I'm Fine! (2001)
OTT: Masoom (2022) on Disney+ Hotstar as 'Balraj Kapoor'
|Family||Not much is known.|
|Controversies||In 2014, the Mumbai Police probed the alleged involvement of his elder son Danesh in the 425 crore (INR) Qnet scam, and later he clarified that there is nothing as such.|
|Food||Dhansak, biryani and prawns curry rice|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Director||Rajkumar Hirani, Farah Khan, Shyam Benegal|
|Film||Hollywood: The Sound of Music|
|Hotel||Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences in London|
|Restaurant||Café Good Luck and Dorabjee & Sons in Mumbai|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Son- Danesh and Kayoze
Some Lesser Known Facts About Boman Irani
- Does Boman Irani smoke?: No
- Does Boman Irani alcohol?: Yes
- Boman started his career as a waiter and a room service staff in the famous Taj Hotel of Mumbai for 2 years, and then he turned into a sports photographer.
- He did freelance photography for Times Of India (TOI) newspaper but got the real breakthrough when he got the chance to shoot for Miss India after he came back from his photography training in Chennai.
- He did his first film at the age of 41 with the film ‘Everybody Says I’m Fine.’
- After watching his performance in a short film called ‘Let’s Talk’ (2002), filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra cast him for the film ‘Munna Bhai MBBS’ (2003).
- He suffered from Dyslexia, a reading disorder in his early years.
- His upbringing was totally done by his mother as his father died before he was born.
- He met his wife Zenobia when he was young at his small shop of potato wafers.
- Famous choreographer Shiamak Davar saw the hidden acting talent in him and advised him to go for theatre.
- He loves the poem ‘If’ by Rudyard Kipling.
- He is fluent in languages like Hindi, English, Gujarati, Bengali and Marathi.
- His son Kayoze was seen in films like ‘Student of the Year’ (2012), ‘Youngistaan’ (2014), and ‘The Legend of Michael Mishra.’
- He appeared on Kaun Banega Crorepati along with Sanjay Dutt.
- He got trained in acting from Hansraj Siddhia.
- He advised Diana Hayden to go for the beauty pageant competition and even made a portfolio for her.
- He shot the first portfolio of TV actress Sanaya Irani too.
- In January 2019, he launched his production banner ‘Irani MovieTone.’
- In an Indian Talk Show, Boman revealed that he is very emotional and cries very often.
- In the same show, he revealed that the actor, Shah Rukh Khan calls him “Sex Bomb.”
- Boman’s children have saved his number as “Where are you” because of the fact that Boman calls or text them often and asks them- “Where are you?”