|Full Name||Guillermo del Toro Gómez|
|Profession||Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Novelist|
|Famous For||Directing films - Hellboy (2004), Pacific Rim (2013), The Shape of Water (2017)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 95 kg
in pounds- 209 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||9 October 1964|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|College/University||Centro de Investigación y Estudios Cinematográficos, University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara|
|Debut||Directorial & Writing: Cronos (1993, English-Spanish)
Production: Un Embrujo (1998)
Novel: The Strain (2009)
|Religion||Christianity (Roman Catholic)|
|Address||5970 Kingham Ct, Agoura Hills, California, USA|
|Awards/Honours/Achievements||2007: BAFTA Award - Best Film Not in the English Language for the film 'Pan's Labyrinth' (2006)
2018: BAFTA Award - Best Direction for the film 'The Shape of Water' (2017)
2018: Golden Globe Award - Best Director for the film 'The Shape of Water' (2017)
2018: Academy Award - Best Director and Best Picture for the film 'The Shape of Water' (2017)
|Controversies||• In 2017, he criticized the Trump government by saying, "It's like a cancer. We have a tumor now. That doesn’t mean the cancer started with that tumor. It was gestating for so long."
• In 2018, before winning the Best Director Academy Award for the film 'Shape of Water', he faced various allegations of plagiarism. The allegations direct to a 2015 Dutch short film and a play from 1969.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1986|
|Wife/Spouse||Lorenza Newton (m. 1986 - div. 2017)
Daughters- Mariana Del Toro, Marisa Del Toro
|Parents||Father- Federico del Toro (Entrepreneur)
Mother- Guadalupe del Toro
|Favourite Actor||Doug Jones|
|Favourite Film||La Chienne
|Favourite Musician||Hans Zimmer
|Favourite Book(s)||Pet Sematary by Stephen King, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Michael Burgan|
|Favourite Painter||Arnold Böcklin|
|Car Collection||Cadillac (Customized)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$20 million (£14.8 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Guillermo del Toro
- Does Guillermo del Toro smoke?: Not Known
- Does Guillermo del Toro drink alcohol?: Yes
- Guillermo was born into an upper-class family with strong Catholic belief.
- At the age of 8, he started experimenting with his father’s motion picture camera.
- After watching the horror film ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ (1974), he became a vegetarian for around 4 years, after which he again became a non-vegetarian.
- In the mid-1980s, he founded his own effects company called ‘Necropia.’
- As he was born in Jalisco, Mexico, where ‘Patrón’ (a brand of tequila products by the Patrón Spirits Company) started, and that’s why he once collaborated with Patrón Tequila.
- He is such a bookworm and gothic art lover that he bought an extra-house called “Bleak House” to showcase his huge collection of around 600 pieces of art and around 9,000 books.
- He considers the Oscar-winning make-up artist, Dick Smith as his mentor as he taught him the art of special effects make-up.
- He is the co-founder of the Guadalajara International Film Festival, a week-long film festival held each March in Guadalajara since 1986.
- In 2007, he was ranked #37 on Entertainment Weekly’s list of “The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood.”
- On March 4, 2017, at the 90th annual Academy Awards, he won the Best Director and Best Picture award for his romantic fantasy drama film ‘The Shape of Water’ (2017).