|Profession(s)||Educationist and Philanthropist|
|Famous For||Being the wife of the former Indian cricketer Syed Kirmani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||8 June|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||16 May 1979
|Husband/Spouse||Syed Kirmani (former cricketer)
|Children||• Son- Sadiq Ali (cricketer)
• Nishad (Nishath) Fathima (philanthropist; elder)
• Mehnaz Fathima (younger)
|Siblings||Habiba has one brother.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Habiba Kirmani
- Habiba Kirmani is an Indian philanthropist and educationist.
- Her grandfather was associated with sports and was appointed as the president of one of the football associations in India, for almost 40 years. Later, a stadium was named after him.
- She met Syed Kirmani at her cousin’s birthday party. Later, the couple had an arranged marriage.
- She has been associated with various social activities especially for the empowerment of women. She has raised funds along with her husband for many charity events. During one such event, she said,
We are yet to decide on the investment of this fund but we have decided to donate 25% (about Rs. 6 lacs) of this amount to the needy people of the country. We have been doing charity work and helping poor people, especially those who have no money to go to schools and colleges. We always believe that every family should have at least one educated person and the donation will be utilized for girls education in the poor houses.”
- Habiba has appeared as a chief guest at various events of social cause.
- During an interview, while talking about her husband, she said,
Yes, woman is behind the success of every great man and I was no exception. I sacrificed everything for him. Being an international cricketer, he was on tours most of the time and I catered for our children. I had to look after my kids and mother-in-law. My parents and brother helped me a lot as they hail from the same Bangalore city.”
- She is the recipient of the Women’s Excellence Awards & Leadership Summit.