Hometown: Village Khemuana, Bathinda
Age: 53 Years
Wife: Harmandeep Kaur
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harbhajan Mann
- Does Harbhajan Mann smoke?: No
- He is 6th amongst his siblings.
- During Harbhajan Mann’s childhood, he got inspired to become a singer and used to visit local Gurudwara in their village with his brother Gursewak Mann (Punjabi Singer).
- He learned singing from his Guru Baba Karnail Singh.
- When he was in 6th standard, he shifted to Canada. There, he started classical training from Shiek Hamed and Balbir Singh Bandhu.
- In 1980, he started singing in Canada as an amateur singer and performed in local shows for the South Asian community.
- He grew up in Canada but returned to India to pursue his career in the Punjabi music industry.
- In 1992, he started his career as a professional singer with the song Chithiye Ne Chithiye.
- In 1999, he got fame from his superhit song Gallan Goriyan.
- Mann has sung many popular Punjabi songs including “Jag Jeondeyan De Mele,” “Vadhaiyan Jee Vadhaiyan,” “Nachlai,” “Haaye Meri Billo,” “Satrangi Peengh,” and “Mauj Mastiyan.”
- He has featured in Punjabi films like “Asa Nu Mann Watna Da,” “Dil Apna Punjabi,” “Mitti Wajaan Mardi,” “Mera Pind-My home,” “Jag Jeondiyan De Mele,” and “Heer Ranjha.”
- It was Harbhajan’s mother, who motivated him to sing.
- The first live show that he ever did in India was at the Mohan Singh Mela in Ludhiana.