|Profession(s)||Actor and Playback Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Debut||Film (Tamil; as an actor): ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ (2010) as Anbu
Film (Telugu; as an actor): ‘Jai Sriram’ (2013) as Sidhu
Song (Tamil): I’m Single (2016)
TV (Tamil; as a contestant): Bigg Boss (2017)
|Awards||2019: Edison Awards for Romantic Hero of the Year in the Tamil film Pyaar Prema Kaadhal
2021: Times of India- Chennai Times Most Desirable Man 2020
|Date of Birth||29 July 1990 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Visual Communication New Indian Express|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram- Harish Kalyan|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Priya Bhavani Shankar (television presenter and actress)
|Parents||Father- Kalyan (actor, film distributor, and music label owner)
Mother- Name Not Known
|TV Show||Cooku with Comali (2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harish Kalyan
- Harish Kalyan is a South Indian playback singer and actor who has mainly worked in Tamil and Telugu films.
- Some of his popular Tamil films are ‘Sattapadi Kutram’ (2011), ‘Poriyaalan’ (2014), ‘Pyaar Prema Kaadhal’ (2018), ‘Dharala Prabhu’ (2020), and ‘Kasada Thapara’ (2021).
- His father played the role of his reel life father in the Tamil film ‘Vil Ambu’ in 2016.
- Harish has appeared in Telugu films such as ‘Kaadhali’ (2017) and ‘Jersey’ (2019).
- He came into the limelight with the TV reality show “Bigg Boss Tamil” in which he was a contestant. Later, he appeared in various seasons of Bigg Boss Tamil including Bigg Boss (Tamil) – Season 2 (2018) and Bigg Boss (Tamil) – Season 3 (2019).
- In memory of the late South Indian actor Vivek, a show was organised titled ‘Chinna Kalaivanar Vivek’ in which Harish appeared as one of the guests.
- Apart from acting, he is a playback singer too. He is trained in Hindustani music and can play the keyboard very well.
- In 2019, he lent his voice for the Tamil song “Yei Kadavulae” from the film ‘Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum.’
- During an interview, he shared why he adopted acting as a profession. He said,
Many shoots from KB sir’s serials to Visu sir’s movie used to take place in my house, so I’ve been watching film shoots since childhood. Maybe, I was subconsciously attracted to it because I had grown up watching the shoots. When I was in Class VI, my friend and I went and watched Thalapathy Vijay’s Shahjahan. It was quite fascinating to see people clap for him and enjoy the film. That kind of created an interest. And I used to perform in dramas and dances at school, so the thought made a re-entry. I joined an engineering course, but I strongly felt that I should concentrate on acting, and quit it. People at home were supportive. I did Viscom and started learning about the film industry, and that was when I became focussed on this.”
- He is a spiritual person and often visits religious places.
- In his leisure time, he loves to ride motorcycles and play soccer.
- Harish is a fitness enthusiast and regularly visits the gym.
- He has been featured on the cover of various fashion and lifestyle magazines.