|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1. 80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Debut||Film (Tamil): Tha (2010) as Suriya
Film (Malayalam): Mumbai Police (2011) as Roy
Film (Telugu): Power (2014) as Kishore Vardhan
Web Series (Tamil): Topless (2020) in a supporting role; streamed on ZEE5
|Awards||• 2010: Best Newcomer Award at Norway Tamil Film Festival Awards for the film Thaa
• 2017: Best villain for Thodari and Rekka at MGR Sivaji Cinema Awards
|Date of Birth||5 April 1982 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Kannur, Tamil Nadu|
|School(s)||• CSI Higher Secondary School in Coimbatore
• Rukmani Kannan Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School in Kovaipudur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
|College/University||• Dr GRD College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
• Bharathiar University in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
|Ethnicity||Malayali The New Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 6 September 2018 (divorced in 2019)
Second Marriage: 20 January 2022
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife: Amrita Kalyanpurat (celebrity makeup artist)
• Second Wife: Chinnu Kuruvila (Malayalam actress)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (farmer; died in 2005)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has three brothers and one sister.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harish Uthaman
- Harish Uthaman is an Indian actor, who has mainly worked in Telugu and Tamil films. He is well-known for playing the negative characters in films.
- He was inclined towards sports since his school and college days. During his college days, he was selected as the captain of the college basketball team and the head of student affairs. During an interview, while talking about his love for sports, he said,
I love sports, have been playing Basketball for 17 years, I still play over the weekend in Chennai. I am into Parkour since a year, it gives me a thorough adrenalin rush. I need to do some kind of ground exercise otherwise my day is not completed.”
- He started his career with Paramount Airways as a cabin crew. After working there for almost 3 years, he joined British Airways as a flight steward. While he was working there, he met the Tamil film director Surya Prabhakaran, who offered him a role in his film.
- Harish then decided to quit his job and make his career in acting. He even joined an advertisement company.
- In an interview, while talking about preparing for his debut film ‘Tha’ (2010), he said,
For about 5 months, I grew my beard and also did work to darken my skin, as the role demanded that. Since I was in London for most of the time, I was really fair and I had to literally get baked in sunlight and with oil, to get the required skin tone.”
- He has acted in the Tamil TV serial ‘Kolangal’ (2008) which was aired on Sun TV.
- In 2013, he appeared in the Tamil film ‘Pandiya Naadu’ in which he played the role of Bharani. His performance in the film received huge appreciation, In an interview, he talked about the audience’s reaction to his film. He said,
I was both scared and elated with the audience’s response! Viewers were cursing me in the crudest language during some scenes and clapping loudly when I got bashed up. Their reaction is my reward. I think Pandiya Naadu is a turning point in my career!”
- In the same year, he appeared in the music video “Undone” from the music album ‘Tarang.’
- He was then offered negative roles in many South Indian films like ‘Bairava’ (2017), ‘Kalki’ (2019), and ‘Kuttram Kuttrame’ (2022).
- Some of his Tamil films are Thodari’ (2016), ‘Rekka’ (2016), ‘C/o Surya’ (2017), ‘Kaithi’ (2019), ‘Ashvamithra’ (2021), and ‘Vikram’ (2022). While shooting for the Tamil film Thodari, Harish Uthaman and the South Indian actor Dhanush did a fight sequence on the top of a moving train and that too without any harness. Behindwoods
- Harish appeared in the Tamil web series ‘Suzhal: The Vortex’ (2022) in which he played the role of Trilok Vadde. The web series was streamed on Amazon Prime Video.
- He is a fitness freak and regularly workouts in a gym. During an interview, he talked about his workout regime. He said,
I undertook the basic cinema stunts training and when I am not shooting, I am devoted to the gym as I am a fitness freak. I also play basketball and swim regularly to maintain my physique.”
- Harish is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Leo, and a pet cat named Poocha.