Age: 36 Years
Wife: Lakshmi Pranathi
Caste: Kamma Naidu
|Full Name||Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr.|
|Nickname(s)||Jr. NTR, Tarak, Tiger NTR|
|Famous Role||Raja in the Telugu film Yamadonga (2007)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 43 Inches
Waist: 32 Inches
Biceps: 15 Inches
|Date of Birth||20 May 1983|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad
St. Mary's College, Hyderabad (Intermediate)
|College/University||Vignan College, Vadlamudi, Andhra Pradesh|
|Debut||Film: Brahmashri Vishwamitra (Telugu-as child actor, 1991), Ninnu Choodalani (Telugu-as lead actor, 2001)
TV: Baktha Markandeya (Telugu, 1997)
Singing: O Lammi Thikkaregindha (Telugu, 2007), Geleya Geleya (Kannada, 2016)
|Family||Father- Late Nandamuri Harikrishna
Mother- Shalini Bhaskar Rao (Homemaker), Lakshmi (Step-mother)
Brothers- Janaki Ram (Half-brother), Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (Half-brother)
Sister- Nandamuri Suhasini (Half-sister)
|Address||Road no. 31, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Dancing, Singing, Reading|
|Favourite Food||Biryani, Chicken 65|
|Favourite Colours||Blue, black|
|Favourite Films||Missamma (Telugu, 1955), Ramudu Bheemudu (Telugu, 1964)|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Paris|
|Favourite Sports||Badminton and Cricket|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||5 May 2011|
Son(s)- Nandamuri Abhay Ram and Bhargava Ram
|Salary||13-15 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
- N. T. Rama Rao Jr. was born and brought up in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- He is the grandson of Telugu actor & former Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh, N. T. Rama Rao.
- What a coincidence! His step-grandmother, step-mother, and wife have the same first name- ‘Lakshmi.’
- He was born as “Tarak.” However, he got his name ‘Nandamuri Tharaka Rama Rao’ while shooting for the film “Brahmarshi Vishwamitra,” which was directed by Sr NTR.
- He is a trained Kuchipudi dancer.
- He made his first on-screen appearance in 1991 as a child artist in the Telugu film ”Brahmashri Vishwamitra” as Bharata.
- In 2001, he got the lead role of Venu in Telugu film ”Ninnu Choodalani.”
- For the film “Yamadonga,” he had lost around 20 kg of his weight.
- Apart from India, he has a massive fan following in Japan and his film “Baadshah” was also nominated for the film festival in Japan.
- His song “Sairo Sairo” from the film ‘Baadshah’ is very popular in Hong Kong.
- In 2009, he campaigned for the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in the Lok Sabha Elections.
- On 26 March 2009, he met an accident when he was on his way back to Hyderabad after an election campaign, the SUV in which he was travelling was struck head-on with another vehicle at Khammam. He suffered serious injuries and was rushed to KIMS Hospital in Hyderabad.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a singer and has sung numerous popular songs like Lammi Thikkaregindha from the Telugu film ”Yamadonga” (2007), 123 Nenoka Kantri from the Telugu film ”Kantri” (2008), Geleya Geleya from the Kannada film ”Chakravyuha” (2016), etc.
- He is the brand ambassador for several brands viz. Malabar Gold, Himani Navratna Hair Oil & talc powder, Boro Plus Powder, and Zandu Balm in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- Jr. NTR was the first choice for blockbuster films “Dil,” “Bhadra,” “Athanokkade,” “Srimanthudu,” “Kick,” “Aarya,” and “Krishna,” but he declined the films due to his busy schedule.
- Here’s an interesting video about Jr. NTR’s biography: