|Profession(s)||Associate Consultant and Businessperson|
|Known for||Being the daughter of Arvind Kejriwal, the seventh Chief Minister of Delhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1996|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|School||Delhi Public School, Noida|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification(s)||2014: School education from Delhi Public School, Noida
2018: A degree in Chemical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Harshita's LinkedIn Account
|Political Inclination||Aam Aadmi Party Your Story|
|Caste||Vaishya (Baniya) NDTV|
|Address||Resident- 87 Block, B.K.Dutt Colony New Delhi- 110001|
|Hobbies||Reading books, Dancing, Playing football, and Travelling to distant places|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Arvind Kejriwal (politician)
Mother- Sunita Kejriwal (politician)
Grandfather- Gobind Ram Kejriwal (electrical engineer)
Grandmother- Gita Devi
|Siblings||Brother- Pulkit Kejriwal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harshita Kejriwal
- Harshita Kejriwal is an Indian businessperson who is best known for being the daughter of Arvind Kejriwal, the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi, and Sunita Kejriwal, a former IRS officer. Harshita Kejriwal has always been in news for her academic excellence, and in 2014, she secured 96 per cent marks in class XII. In 2018, soon after completing her college studies, Harshita Kejriwal started working with Boston Consulting Group as an Associate Consultant in Gurugram. In 2020, she co-founded a personalized health and fitness venture named ‘Basil.’
- Harshita Kejriwal often campaigns for the Aam Aadmi Party during the elections in Delhi and other states of India.
- In her leisure time, Harshita Kejriwal likes dancing. She is a trained Odissi dancer.
- She is the recipient of the Cargill scholarship from June 2016 to March 2018 for her leadership skills among the ten students from six different countries across the world.
- Her father, Arvind Kejriwal, is an IIT, Delhi graduate, and Harshita followed her father’s footsteps and graduated from IIT Delhi in 2018.
- From May 2016 to July 2016, Harshita Kejriwal did her summer internship at
- Harshita Kejriwal then worked as a team leader at Enactus from April 2017 to May 2018. From August 2018 to April 2020, she worked as an Associate Consultant at Boston Consulting Group (BCG). In 2020, she co-founded Basil, a health brand for personalized health and food advice.
- Harshita was the winner of the Walmart Women Empowerment Grant title 2015, Blue Dart Competition Grant, which was held in 2017, and Enactus Nationals organised in 2015.
- Harshita is a trained athlete and a trained badminton player. During her college days, she participated in various zonal level badminton championships. In 2015, during the Enactus World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa, she was a semi-finalist, and she won the Under 19 District Football championship in 2010. In January 2016, she was the runner up at Kshitij Bplan Competition, IIT Kharagpur. In July 2016, she was the runner up at Enactus Nationals 2016.
- In January 2019, the chief minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, received an unknown email in which someone threatened him to kidnap his daughter, Harshita Kejriwal. News Bytes An official of the AAP stated in a press conference,
In the email, the unknown sender has claimed that they will harm the chief minister’s daughter and have challenged him to do whatever he can do to protect her.”
- In February 2020, Harshita gave a statement to a media house that she was angry with the Bharatiya Janata Party leaders, who called her father a terrorist, and in the same conversation, she ensured the saffron party that the people of Delhi would re-elect her father as the Chief Minister of Delhi. News Bytes She said that a terrorist could not provide basic facilities for free to the citizens. She said,
They say politics is dirty but this is a new low. Is it terrorism if health facilities are made free? Is it terrorism if children are educated? Is it terrorism if power and water facilities are improved? Not only us, but 2 crore common people are also campaigning. They will show them on 11th February if they cast votes on the basis of allegations or the work done.”
- On 9 February 2021, Harshita was in the news when she was duped for Rs. 34,000 on OLX and became the victim of an online scam.
- Harshita Kejriwal is proficient in the French language.
- In March 2022, Harshita was spotted campaigning for Party’s chief ministerial candidate, Bhagwant Mann, in Punjab. In a conversation with a media house, she called Bhagwant Mann her uncle. She said,
I am not used to giving speeches. But I am here for chachaji (Mann). If there is only one party that is concerned about children and their future, it’s AAP. I studied at IIT-Delhi…Be it a job or a business, my father taught me to contribute to the country.”