|Real Name||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Political Journey||• In November 2012, he laid the foundation of the Aam Aadmi Party.
• In the 2013 Delhi Assembly Elections, he defeated Sheila Dikshit from the New Delhi constituency by a margin of 25,864 votes.
• On 28 December 2013, he became the Chief Minister of Delhi.
• On 25 March 2014, he declared to contest Lok Sabha election against Narendra Modi from the Varanasi constituency and lost by a margin of around 3,70,000 votes.
• On 14 February 2015, he became the Chief Minister of Delhi for the second time with a huge majority of 67 out of 70 seats.
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1968|
|Age (as in 2018)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Siwani, Bhiwani district, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Siwani, Bhiwani district, Haryana, India|
|School||• Campus School, Hisar, Haryana, India
• Christian Missionary Holy Child School, Sonipat, Haryana, India
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated in Mechanical Engineering|
|Address||Resident- 87 Block, B.K.Dutt Colony New Delhi- 110001|
|Hobbies||Reading, Doing Yoga, Vipasana, Watching Movies, Listening to Music|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Ramon Magsaysay Award
|Controversies||Cases Where Charges Framed
• 4 charges related to Voluntarily causing hurt to discourage public servant from his duty (IPC Section-332)
• 5 charges related to Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant (IPC Section-188)
• 4 charges related to Obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions (IPC Section-186)
• 4 charges related to Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty (IPC Section-353)
• 4 charges related to Acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention (IPC Section-34)
• On 13 August 2018, Kejriwal, Sisodia among 15 named accused in Delhi Chief Secretary 'assault' case
Cases where Cognizance Taken
• 4 charges related to Defamation (IPC Section-499)
• 4 charges related to Punishment for Defamation (IPC Section-500)
• 4 charges related to Punishment for Rioting (IPC Section-147)
• 4 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object (IPC Section-149)
• 3 charges related to Rioting, armed with deadly weapon (IPC Section-148)
• 2 charges related to Assaulting or obstructing public servant when suppressing riot, etc. (IPC Section-152)
• 2 charges related to Knowingly joining or continuing in assembly of five or more persons after it has been commanded to disperse (IPC Section-151)
Cases Where Convicted
• 1 charge related to Wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause riot-if rioting be committed-if not committed (IPC Section-153)
• 1 charge related to Joining or continuing in unlawful assembly, knowing it has been commanded to disperse (IPC Section-145)
• 1 charge related to wrongful restraint (IPC Section-341)
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year- 1995|
|Wife/Spouse||Sunita Kejriwal (IRS officer)
|Parents||Father- Gobind Ram Kejriwal (Electrical Engineer)
Mother- Gita Devi
|Siblings||Brother- Manoj (younger)- Software Engineer in IBM, Pune
Sister- Ranjana (younger)- doctor in Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Haridwar
|Favourite Foods||Poori, Kachauri|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Comedian||Kapil Sharma|
|Favourite Social Activist||Anna Hazare|
|Car Collection||A Blue WagonR
|Salary (approx.)||₹1.25 Lakh + Other Allowances (as in 2018)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹2 Crore (As in 2015)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arvind Kejriwal
- Does Arvind Kejriwal smoke?: No
- Does Arvind Kejriwal drink alcohol?: No
- After completing his study from IIT Kharagpur, he served in TATA steel.
- He met his wife, Sunita during their Civil Services Training in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- He is a pure vegetarian man. He begins his day with Yoga.
- Kejriwal cleared the Civil Services exam in a single attempt.
- He has also worked with social activist Mother Teresa.
- One of his classmates revealed in an interview that in college days in Kharagpur, Arvind used to go to the slums to teach kids who could not afford to study.
- He was the person because of whom RTI (Right to Information) Delhi came into action. In 2006, Arvind Kejriwal was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for playing a very useful hand to enact RTI Act.
- He donated Magsaysay award money to an NGO.
- During the days when he used to work as an IRS officer, Kejriwal refused to have a peon, cleaned his table himself.
- In 2006, he resigned from revenue service to devote his full time in social services.
- Neither does he celebrates his birthday nor his children.
- In 2011, he along with Anna Hazare staged India Against Corruption (IAC) movement in Ramlila Maidan, Delhi, to pass Jan Lokpal Bill which got failed due to political tactics of Congress, BJP, and other political parties.
- After the failure of the movement, Arvind Kejriwal and many other IAC team members decided to make a political party to fight against corruption in India. Although Anna Hazare, Kiran Bedi, and many other IAC team members were against entering the politics.
- He has a habit of checking each and every document file, each and every line of documents, marking main lines with the marker and making sure that everything is correct. His Colleagues say that he cross-checked the Jan Lokpal Bill about 100 times.
- He was the main member of the team who made the Jan Lokpal Bill.
- Kejriwal never loses his temper. According to his colleagues, whenever he gets angry, he prefers not to talk to anyone for some time.
- Once his blue Wagon R car was stolen near from Delhi Secretariat. Software Engineer Kundan Sharma gifted this car to Kejriwal. However, it was found abandoned in Ghaziabad.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)