Husband: Arvind Kejriwal
Hometown: New Delhi
|Profession||Retired Civil Servant|
|Famous For||Being Arvind Kejriwal's wife|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Service||Indian Revenue Service (IRS)|
|Retired||2016 (took voluntary retirement)|
|Major Designation||Commissioner of Income Tax at the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi|
|Date of Birth||11 February 1966 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||54 Years|
|College/University||National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||• Masters Degree in Zoology
• Graduate from the National Academy of Direct Taxes
|Caste||Vaishya (Baniya) Amar Ujala|
|Address||87 Block, B.K.Dutt Colony, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga|
|Controversies||On 29 April 2019, BJP Delhi spokesperson, Harish Khurana, filed a complaint in a Delhi court against Sunita Kejriwal for allegedly having two voter identity cards. He said that Sunita had a voter id card from Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad and another from Chandni Chowk, Delhi. Business Standard
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||November 1994|
|Children||Son- Pulkit Kejriwal (Student)
Daughter- Harshita Kejriwal (Associate Consultant in Boston Consulting Group)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brother- Surender Kumar Bansal (Deceased)
|Assets/Properties (as in 2015) MyNeta||Movable-
Cash: 10,000 INR
Bank Deposits: 5.57 lacs INR
Jewellery: Gold- 300 gm worth 9 lacs INR; Silver- 500 gm worth 24,000 INR
Residential Building: Flat worth 1 crore INR in Gurugram, Haryana
|Net Worth (approx.)||1.15 crores INR (as in 2015) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunita Kejriwal
- Sunita Kejriwal is a retired Indian civil servant. She is the wife of the Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal.
- Sunita is known to be very shy, timid, and an introvert.
- Sunita and Arvind Kejriwal were in the same batch during their 3-month foundation course at the “Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration” in Mussoorie.
- After their initial training in Mussorie, they were transferred back to the “National Academy of Direct Taxes” in Nagpur. She was friends with Arvind by this time, and they used to like each other.
- Sunita admired Arvind’s simplicity, honesty towards his work, and his passion to bring change in the nation.
- In August 1994, Arvind proposed her for marriage, and she said yes. In November 1994, she got married to Arvind Kejriwal, even before their course completed.
- In 1995, after completing their training, they moved to a small apartment in Delhi.
- In 1996, they had their first child, Harshita.
- In 2006, when Arvind quit his job to become an “RTI activist” and “anti-corruption crusader,” she became the sole earner of her family. However, she was happy that her husband was pursuing what he loves.
- On 29 December 2013, Sunita first came into the limelight when Arvind was elected as the Chief Minister of Delhi, and he hugged Sunita. Arvind Kejriwal also tweeted photos of him hugging Sunita, and he also thanked her for supporting him.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) February 10, 2015
- On 15 July 2016, she opted for the voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) from the Indian Revenue Service (IRS), after 22 years of service. According to a close aide of Kejriwal-
Sunita feared of victimisation by the Centre amid the ongoing tussle between the AAP government and the BJP-led Union government on several issues, and hence she sought VRS”
- Sunita is often spotted with Arvind Kejriwal during their morning walks on the streets of Delhi, even after Arvind became the Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Sunita is often seen campaigning for Arvind Kejriwal. Before the “2020 Delhi Assembly Elections,” Sunita, along with Harshita Kejriwal and Pulkit Kejriwal, was seen participating in door-to-door campaigning for Arvind Kejriwal.
- Here’s an interesting video about Sunita Kejriwal’s biography: