Some Lesser Known Facts About Jalebi Baba
- Does Jalebi Baba smoke?: Yes
- Does Jalebi Baba drink alcohol?: Yes
- Jalebi Baba grew up in poverty and started off his career as a “Jalebi” seller and used to run a shop called ‘Amarveer Ke Punjabi Tohfe’ in Tohana.
- With the passage of time, he became a renowned sweet seller in the town.
- When he made some money, he purchased a plot in Bhatia Nagar where he made a mandir with a basement in his house.
- His life took a turn when his wife died, after which he, disappeared for 2 years and came back as a
“Naga Sadhu” with a new name “Mahant Amar Puri Naga,” and started doing his occult practices to solve problems of people.
- His sex racket first came into notice of the Haryana Police when videos of the Baba raping women surfaced online.
- On 20 July 2018, the Haryana Police arrested him from Fatehabad for allegedly raping more than 100 female followers and taking videos of the crimes for blackmailing purpose.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
- A long time before his arrest, his localities were aware of his disreputable activities and started staying away from him. However, he was able to make clients from outside Tohana including Punjab and New Delhi, and used to take hefty charge of ₹11,000/visit of the clients.