Age: 29 Years
Hometown: Auckland, New Zealand
Height: 6' 2"
|Full Name||James Douglas Sheahan Neesham|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batting all-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|International Debut||ODI- 19 January 2013 against South Africa in Boland Park, South Africa
Test- 14 February 2014 against India in Basin Reserve, New Zealand
T20- 21 December 2012 against South Africa in Kingsmead, Durban, South Africa
|Jersey Number||# 50 (New Zealand)
# 5 (Otago Volts)
|Domestic/State Team||Otago Volts|
|Coach/Mentor||David James Gordon|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Date of Birth||17 September 1990|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Hometown||Auckland, New Zealand|
|School||Auckland Grammar School, New Zealand|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Paying Rugby and Golf|
|Controversies||On 16 May 2019, during the IPL match between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians, MS Dhoni was announced as not out by the third umpire. Many players debated that the decision was wrong, and because of the camera angle, it appeared that Dhoni was inside the crease. James Neesham tweeted- "I love how passionate some fans are about our sport. I have huge respect for MS but how anyone could see the below photo and say it's not out truly astounds me"
This attracted a lot of attention from Dhoni fans and flooded his tweet with replies. Neesham later deleted the original tweet, and he sent out another tweet explaining why he did so-
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman- MS Dhoni, Martin Guptill
Bowler- Tim Southee
|Favourite Singer||Celine Dion|
Some Lesser Known Facts About James Neesham
- James Neesham is a New Zealand cricket player. He was in the 2019 World Cup squad, and he was also in the super over with Martin Guptill.
- Neesham considers himself as the look-alike of Hollywood actor Chris Hemsworth.
- James started his career by playing for local New Zealand teams. He started with the Auckland team in New Zealand. He eventually moved to the Otago Volts and made a name for himself.
- Neesham’s popularity rose because of his consistent performances. In the 2011-2012 season, he scored more than 40 runs three times of the seven times he played. He also scored his career-best in bowling by achieving 5 for 44 against Wellington.
- His performance led him to be selected in the Champions League T20 limited-overs squad for the tour to South Africa.
- His performance in the 2013 Cricinfo Champions League T20 (CLT20) led him to be named as the find of the tournament on the official website of the CLT20. He was also named the Man of the Match.
- On 14 February 2014, Neesham made his Test debut against India and scored 137. It was the highest score by a debutant playing at number 8. His century helped New Zealand seal the win at the tournament.
- In 2014, for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 7, he was selected by the IPL franchise, Delhi Daredevils.
- He participated in the 2014 Caribbean Premier League from the franchisee Guyana Amazon Warriors.
- The next year, in IPL 8, he was selected by the franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders. Although, he did not play a single match in the tournament due to an injury, and he was dropped from the squad in the next season.
- In 2016, he played for Derbyshire in the 2016 NatWest T20 Blast.
- In June 2017, he played for the Kent County Cricket Club in the NatWest T20 Blast.
- In June 2018, he signed a contract with the Wellington Cricket Club for the 2018-19 season.
- On 3 January 2019, in an ODI against Sri Lanka, Neesham scored 34, which included 5 sixes. It was the most number of runs scored in an over by a New Zealand player in an ODI.
- He was selected in the 2019 World Cup squad. On 1 June 2019, New Zealand’s first match in the World Cup was also coincidentally Neesham’s 50th ODI match.
- During his match against Afghanistan in the World Cup, he took his first five-wicket haul. Interestingly, his haul also completed his 50th ODI wicket.