Cheteshwar Pujara Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Rajkot, Gujarat
Age: 35 Years
Wife: Puja Pabari
|Full Name||Cheteshwar Arvind Pujara|
|Nickname||Chintu, Good Boy|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 11 Inches
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 9 October 2010 vs Australia in Bangalore
ODI- 1 August 2013 vs Zimbabwe in Bulawayo
|Jersey Number||#15 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Board Presidents XI, Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore, West Zone, Mumbai A, Saurashtra, Kings XI Punjab, Derbyshire, Yorkshire|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm legbreak|
|Nature on field||Cool|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• Second fastest 1,000 test runs by an Indian player.
• In 2013, Pujara scored 2,043 runs at 102.15 in first-class matches, only behind Chris Rogers, who had 2,391 runs to his name.
• Also, in 2013, Pujara became only the ninth batsman to score three career first-class triple-centuries.
• In International Test cricket, Pujara has so far scored 8 tons and 3 double tons.
• Pujara won the Man of the Series trophy after scoring close to 350 runs in the under-19 World Cup in 2006.
• During Australia's 2017 tour of India, Pujara became the first Indian to face 500+ balls in an innings, breaking the previous record of 495 balls held by 'the wall' Rahul Dravid. Notably, Pujara stayed over 10 hours at crease and scored his third double century (202) off 525 balls.
• The fourth Indian batsmen to play 1000 Test deliveries in a Test series in Australian soil.
• In April 2022, he became the second Indian after Mohammad Azharuddin to score a double ton in the County Championship when he scored 201* in the County Championship Division 2 game between Sussex and Derbyshire. NDTV
|Career Turning Point||Consistent performances in the longer formats of the game saw Pujara climbing the ladder of success slowly and steadily.|
|Date of Birth||25 January 1988|
|Age (as of 2023)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Rajkot, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Rajkot, Gujarat, India|
|School||Lal Bahadur Shastri Vidyalaya, Rajkot, Gujarat
RM Chhaya High School, Rajkot, Gujarat
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) through correspondence|
|Family||Father- Arvind Pujara, Former cricketer
Mother- Late Reena Pujara (Died 2005)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to old music, watching movies|
|Favourite Batsman||Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Ricky Ponting|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Actor||Cape Town|
|Favourite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Puja Pabari (m.2013-present)
|Marriage Date||13 February 2013|
Some Lesser Known facts About Cheteshwar Pujara
- Does Cheteshwar Pujara smoke: No
- Does Cheteshwar Pujara drink alcohol: No
- Cheteshwar Pujara’s father, Arvind, and Uncle, Bipin, both are former cricket players. The duo represented Saurashtra in Ranji cricket.
- Pujara was only 17 years old when he lost his mother to cancer.
- Pujara first came into some limelight when he scored an unbeaten 306, then a national record, in a West Zone Under-19 match against Baroda.
- In an interview, Pujara’s father shared an interesting instance which perhaps made his mind to push his son into the direction of cricket. He said, “Once it happened that my nephew was clicking pictures when the two and half-year-old Pujara was playing. The photos showed his perfect balance and ability to keep his eye on the ball. This was the time when I decided to push him into cricket’s direction.”
- Young Pujara would often travel to Mumbai for training purposes during his school vacations. According to his father, “It would serve two purposes – Chintu would get to bat against quality fast bowlers and also have sufficient match practice.”
- Pujara scored an unbelievable triple ton (306) in his debut U-14 Ranji match.
- Pujara made his U-19 debut for India against England in 2005. He scored 211 runs in one innings, which helped India to a big win.
- Pujara has the second highest batting average of 54.01 in List-A matches, just behind Michael Bevan’s 57.86.
- In 2013, Cheteshwar Pujara was awarded the Emerging Cricketer of the Year award for his brilliant performances in the longer format of the game.
- Pujara represented Derbyshire for their last three Championship fixtures during the 2014-15 county season. Although his debut against Glamorgan was disastrous, he followed it up with a 90 against Surrey. He then scored an unbeaten century in their win against Leicestershire.
- He is not only a teetotaler but also a very spiritual person. Virat Kohli once said that he has never met a guy as honest and innocent as Cheteshwar Pujara.
- On 7 April 2023, he hit a hundred for Sussex on his full-time county captaincy debut against Durham in the second division of the County Championship at Hove. India Today