Some Lesser Known Facts about Jason Momoa
- Does Jason Mamoa smoke?: Yes
- Does Jason Mamoa drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Momoa was born in Honolulu but was raised in Norwalk, Iowa, by his mother.
- His father is of Native Hawaiian descent, while his mother is of German, Irish, and Native American ancestry.
- Having completed his high school, Momoa began college in Iowa as a marine biology major, studying for a period in the Florida Keys.
- Momoa took up pastel painting in Paris and went to Tibet for Buddhist Spiritual Education.
- Momoa’s career began when he was discovered by international designer Takeo Kobayashi, who motivated his modeling career. Momoa won Hawaii’s Model of the Year 1999 and hosted the Miss Teen Hawaii contest.
- At 19 years old, he did a part-time job in a surf shop before being cast in Baywatch Hawaii.
- He is known for his television roles as Ronon Dex (2005–2009) on the military science fiction television series Stargate Atlantis (2004–2009); as Khal Drogo in the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones (2011–2012); and as Phillip Kopus, a Ramapough Mountain Indian, on the Sundance TV drama series The Red Road (2014–2015).
- Road to Paloma was Momoa’s first film as director, writer, and producer.
- He appeared in the 2016 superhero film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Aquaman.
- In November 2015, he was slashed on his face by the broken beer glass in Hollywood, California. He got about 140 stitches and scar on his eyebrow can be seen easily.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡