|Full name||Kamlesh Nanasaheb Ghumare DNA India|
|Profession(s)||Farmer and Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1996|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Devarpade, Malegaon, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||Devarpade, Malegaon, Maharashtra|
|School||NS Deshmukh Vidyla Chikhal O – Malegaon, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad College, Malegaon, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||BCA 2nd year dropout SET India- YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (farmer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Nilesh Ghumare (serving in Indian Army)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jugaadu Kamlesh
- Jugaadu Kamlesh is an Indian farmer and owns a company named ‘KG Agrotech,’ an agriculture products company.
- While he was in school, he wanted to become an Army officer. Later, he appeared several times for the entrance exams but could not succeed. After a fracture in two of his foot fingers, he stopped preparing for the exam as he was bedridden for a few months.
- During his teens, he developed an interest in acting and singing. He participated in various acting and singing competitions in college, and after watching his acting skills, his friends asked him to try his luck in acting. He then went to Mumbai to make his career as an actor. One of his friends in Mumbai helped him in giving auditions and staying in Mumbai for a few days. Kamlesh then gave a few auditions, but he got rejected on the basis of his looks and language. He then dropped the idea of becoming an actor and returned to his hometown.
- After returning to his village, he contacted a man in his village who assured him of giving him a government job for which Kamlesh had to pay Rs. 1 lakh and his original documents. The man was a fraud and disappeared from the village within a week. Kamlesh then decided that he will never do a job.
- He then started a small hotel in his village which went well until his friends landed him into major trouble. In a talk show, while talking about it, Kamlesh said,
I started a hotel in my hometown all was going well. But one day my friends took my phone and called a random girl. The matter became serious and a huge controversy was created. People started judging my character. All the village people used to taunt my parents for my character. But my parents supported me they had faith in me that I will never do anything wrong. My mother once said to me that we trust you to do some great work that these people who are taunting us come to us for your help.”
- After so many failures in his career, he went into depression and tried to commit suicide twice. Josh Talks- YouTube His parents supported him and asked him to work on their farms.
- While he was working with his father on farms, he noticed that the pesticides spray caused serious medical issues for his father. In an interview, while remembering that day, he said,
One day when I was in the farms, I saw my father spraying the insecticides and due to the insecticides, he had various skin disease, but he never complaint about it. But I decided to do something for my father and rest of the farmers in the country. I thought of making the process easier. I was not an engineer, but had a plan I used to visit the nearby kabaadi shops to pick some spare parts or scraps. Initially, it was like a bicycle structure.”
- He gradually updated the pesticides trolley cart as per the requirements, and after almost 7 years, he made the final product.
- One of his trolley cart’s videos went viral on social media in 2017, and he started getting offers from various companies to sell his product. He did not accept the offers.
- Soon, he gained popularity with his pesticide trolley cart and various renowned news channels interviewed him and published his interview in newspapers.
- He was awarded the 24 Hour Rise Startup Unicorn Award by Zee in 2021.
View this post on Instagram
- He saw a promo of the TV show ‘Shark Tanks’ on his mobile in 2021. His brother-in-law guided him to participate in the show, and after clearing a few audition rounds, he was selected for the final round with the judges. In 2022, he appeared infront of the judges (sharks) including Anupam Mittal, Namita Thapar, Vineeta Singh, Ghazal Alagh, and Piyush Bansal. Kamlesh was accompanied by his brother’s son Naru. In the pitch to the sharks, Kamlesh said,
Hamare muh me, aankh me ye pesticide jane se bimariyan hoti hain, to mere papa ko bhi ye bimari thi (These pesticides cause diseases when they go in our mouth and eyes. My father also had the disease).”
- Later, one of the judges asked why he did not opt for a job with a company. He replied,
Naukri karunga toh 24 ghante ke liye kisi ka gulam rahunga, aur hum kisan hai hum kisi ke gulam nahi rehna chahte (If I do a job, I will be someone’s slave for 24 hours, and we are farmers, we do not want to be someone’s slave).”
- The way he presented the pitch was appreciated by the sharks, but four of the sharks rejected his offer. In the end, Lenskart co-founder & CEO Peyush Bansal accepted his and offered him Rs. 10 lakh for a 40% stake in his (Kamlesh’s) company ‘KG Agrotech,’ and a loan of Rs. 20 lakh at a zero per cent interest rate.
- In February 2022, Kamlesh was called by Peyush at his home where they discussed the product, and through a live video on Instagram, Kamlesh and Peyush talked about the product launch.
- Kamlesh has also worked in a few acting projects like ‘Patang Premacha’ (web series) and ‘Kaal’ (short film).
- In 2022, Jugaadu Kamlesh shared his story on Josh Talks.