|Profession(s)||Entrepreneur and Founder & CEO of People Group|
|Known For||Being one of the judges of the business reality show 'Shark Tank India' telecasted on Sony Entertainment channel in 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||23 December 1971 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Boston College, Massachusetts, United States|
|Educational Qualification||1994 - 1997: Business and Commerce from Boston College, Massachusetts, United States Anupam Mittal's LinkedIn Account|
|Caste/Ethnicity||Marwadi Yo Success|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||4 July 2013 in Rajasthan, India
|Wife||Aanchal Kumar (Model)
|Children||He has one daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Gopal Krishna Mittal
Mother- Bhagwati Devi Mittal
|Siblings||He has two sisters.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anupam Mittal
- Anupam Mittal is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the founder and CEO of the People Group. In 2021, he appeared as one of the judges of the business reality show Shark Tank telecasted on Sony Entertainment.
- In 1998, Anupam Mittal started working as a product manager at MicroStrategy, a business intelligence software firm in Washington D.C. and held the position till 2002.
- Anupam Mittal invested in the two Bollywood movies named Flavors (2003) and 99 (2009).
- In 1997, Anupam Mittal founded Shaadi.com which was previously known as Sagaai.com. This is an online matchmaking website that provides a platform and opportunities to meet future life partners. Shaadi.com has over 3 million successful matchmaking tales. This website is one of India’s largest matrimonial websites and Asia’s leading matchmaking website.
- On 12 May 2005, Anupam Mittal founded and incorporated the mauj.com application. This application provides content related to mobiles such as gaming apps, mobile wallpapers, incoming ringtones, matrimonials apps, roaming apps, and messaging apps.
- In 2007, he launched an online real estate portal in India named Makaan.com. Makaan.com is a real estate online app where buyers and sellers of properties search for the same at affordable prices.
- In 2004, Anupam Mittal was the founder and former chairperson of the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- Later, Anupam Mittal became an active partner of OLA Cabs. He invested Rs. 1 Crore in OLA Cabs and has a 2% share partnership with OLA Cabs. In 2018, he was also the founder and co-chairperson of H2 India.
- Anupam Mittal is a board member of LetsVenture Online and Zepo. He works as an advisor at ShaadiSaga, Grip, and Kae Capital.
- In 2021, Anupam Mittal became one of the seven judges of the business reality show titled Shark Tank telecasted on the Sony Entertainment Channel. Vineeta Singh, Peyush Bansal, Namita Thapar, Ashneer Grover, Ghazal Alagh, and Aman Gupta were the other six judges of the show. The judges of the show were called the sharks.
- In the Shark Tank business reality show, the judges of the show scrutinize the budding entrepreneurs and their ideas to invest in their businesses so that they could make a mark in their respective fields.
- Anupam Mittal loves to play boxing in his leisure time.
- Anupam Mittal often endorses branded and luxurious commercials on his Instagram account.
- Anupam Mittal was listed in the Week magazine among the top 25 people who were frequently searched. Business Week listed him among India’s 50 Most Powerful People. In 2012 and 2013, he was listed by IMPACT Digital Power amongst the top 100 Icons of India’s Digital Ecosystem. Later, Anupam Mittal was listed in the top 100 NRIs in North America, and he was also honoured as the Entrepreneur of Year by IT People. He is the recipient of the Karamveer Puraskar. Yo Success
- Anupam Mittal stated in a conversation with a media house that he started investing in small startups in 2007 such as Interactive Avenues as an angel investor. He added that he was the largest shareholder in the company at the time of exit from the company, and later, invested in the company named LittleEyelabs. He stated,
I started angel investing when I did not know it was called angel investing, back in 2007. I invested in a company called Interactive Avenues. All I knew was that the team was bright. I sat with them at the airport, negotiated the terms and gave out the cheque. When Interactive Avenues sold off about a year back, I was the single largest shareholder in the company. It was the first exit for me as well. Right after that there were smaller exits as well with start-ups such as LittleEyelabs and an online business events company.
- Anupam Mittal is very active on Facebook and Instagram. He is followed by more than 42k people on Instagram.