|Full Name||Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Social Activist|
|Famous As||The first Chief Minister of Telangana (New state formed after the division of Andhra Pradesh in 2014)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Party||Telangana Rashtra Samithi
|Political Journey||1983: Joined the Telugu Desam Party
1983: Lost Andhra Pradesh Assembly Elections to A. Madan Mohan
1985-1999: Won four Assembly Elections from Siddipet in a row
1987-1988: Served as the Minister of Drought & Relief in N. T. Rama Rao's Cabinet
1996: Became the Transport Minister in Chandrababu Naidu's Cabinet
2000-2001: Elected as the Deputy Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly
2001: Resigned from the Telugu Desam Party
2001: Founded the Telangana Rashtra Samithi
2009-2014: Served as the Member of Parliament from Mahbubnagar Constituency
2014: Became the first Chief Minister of Telangana
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Popular Choice Award at CNN-IBN Indian of the Year 2014
• Agricultural leadership award 2017
|Date of Birth||17 February 1954|
|Age (as in 2018)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Siddipet, Hyderabad State, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Siddipet, Hyderabad State, India|
|College/University||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||MA in Literature|
|Caste/Community||Velama Thr Hindu|
|Address||Pragathi Bhavan, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Poetry, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||April 23, 1969|
|Children||Son- K. T. Rama Rao (Politician)
Daughter- Kalvakuntla Kavitha (Politician)
|Parents||Father- Raghavar Rao
|Siblings||Brother- 1 (Elder)
|Favourite Cigarette Brand||Benson and Hedges|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Fixed Deposits: ₹44 Lakhs
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹4 Crore
Total Value: ₹6 Crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹15 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About K Chandrashekar Rao
- Does K Chandrashekar Rao smoke?: Yes
- KCR began his political career by joining the youth Congress party in Medak district followed by joining the Telugu Desam Party led by N. T. Rama Rao.
- He resigned from his post of Deputy Speaker and from Telugu Desam Party as well on 27 April 2001 because he felt the need for the formation of a separate state as the people of Telangana were being discriminated.
- The leader founded the Telangana Rashtra Samithi in April 2001, a regional party in India.
- In 2004, he contested the elections as a TRS candidate from the Karimnagar Lok Sabha Constituency and the Siddipet State Assembly Constituency and won from both the constituency.
- In 2004, his party, TRS, fought General Elections in alliance with the Congress Party and won the elections but in 2006, 4 members of TRS party withdrew from Lok Sabha since Congress party promised of a new state, Telangana, which they did not fulfill after the elections.
- KCR played a vital role in achieving the separate state Telangana in 2014. After the death of Y S Reddy (the then CM of Andhra Pradesh), he began to protest by fasting unto death on 29 November 2009. The 11 days long fast ended with the declaration of the formation of a new state by the Government of India.
- On 2 June 2014, KCR administered the oath as the first Chief Minister of Telangana.
- He is a very superstitious politician and that is why he administered the oath of CM at 12.57 PM as advised by his priest. KCR’s lucky number is 6.
- He has been made the President of TSR 8 times.
- In June 2019, Rao launched the irrigation project, Kaleshwaram to irrigate 1 Crore acres land with a capital outlay of ₹85,000 Crore.
- For the rejuvenation and restoration of 46,000 tanks and lakes, KCR started Mission Kakatiya in 2014.
- In June 2017, he started the Amma ODI & KCR Kit scheme, a successful venture for lactating and pregnant women.
- The leader has a good command over languages like English, Urdu, Telugu, and Hindi.