|Full Name||Nagraj Popatrao Manjule|
|Profession(s)||Director, Screenwriter, Actor, Poet|
|Famous For||Being the director of the movie, Sairat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Pistulya (2010) (Director)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Marathi Filmfare Award 2014: Best Director (Fandry)
National Film Award: Best First Non-Feature Film of a Director (Pistulya)
National Award: Best Short Film (Pavsacha Nibandh)
|Date of Birth||24 August 1977|
|Age (as in 2018)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Jeur, Karmala Taluka, Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Jeur, Karmala Taluka, Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||• University of Pune
• New Arts, Science and Commerce College, Ahmednagar
|Educational Qualification(s)||• M.A. in Marathi Literature
• Masters in Communication Studies
|Controversies||In 2018, in the light of the #MeToo movement, his ex-wife said in an interview that she was verbally and mentally abused by Manjule and his family when they were married. She also said that she was more of a housemaid than a wife and a daughter-in-law in the family.|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Sunita Manjule (1999-2012)|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brothers- Bharat Manjule, Bhushan Manjule, Sheshraaj Manjule
|Favourite Food(s)||Mutton Curry, Biryani|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nagraj Manjule
- Nagraj in his childhood wasn’t interested in his studies and even got flunked in his 10th standard.
- He is also a poet and wrote the book, Unhachya Kataviruddh, an award-winning collection of poems.
- He was just 19 and studying in the 12th standard when he got married.
- His short film, Pistulya received critical acclaim and also won many awards including a National Award. The film revolves around a lower caste boy who desires to attend school but is unable due to the family’s poverty and lack of importance to formal education in his community.
- In 2014, he made his debut feature film, Fandry. The movie received great critical acclaim but failed to make an impact in the theatres.
- After 15 years of marriage, in 2012, they filed for divorce, and in 2014 they got divorced.
- In 2016, he made the film, Sairat. The Marathi film was a blockbuster and became the biggest hit of Marathi cinema. The movie dealt with honor killings and caste discriminations.
- He also featured in an episode of The Kapil Sharma Show with the team of the movie, Sairat.
- In 2018, he started directing his first Hindi film, Jhund, starring Amitabh Bachchan. The movie is a biopic of Vijay Barse, the founder of Slum Soccer.