Some Lesser Known facts About Keaton Jennings
- Does Keaton Jennings smoke: Not Known
- Does Keaton Jennings drink alcohol: Yes
- Keaton Jennings is the younger son of former South African Coach, Ray Jennings.
- Since Keaton’s mother is from Sunderland, he holds dual citizenship of South Africa and England.
- Keaton first started playing cricket in South Africa; he debuted for Gauteng in 2011. Additionally, he played some youth international cricket for the Proteas before finally heading to England.
- He was also named the captain of the South Africa U-19 cricket team in 2011.
- In England, Keaton joined Durham CCC and gave a glimpse of a promising career. In 2016 English County season, he scored 1,548 runs at an average of 64.5 with 7 hundreds and was thus named the County Championship player of the year by the Cricket Writers’ Club.
- Keaton was also a part of the Durham side, which was eventually defeated by in the finals of the 2016 Natwest T20 Blast. However, his knock of 88 runs was widely appreciated.
- After spending a mandatory 4-year residency period in England, Keaton was nominated for selection in the national side.