He didn’t want me at all to get involved in sports entertainment,” says Cody. “It wasn’t like he was a deterrent for it, but he didn’t really want the day to come where I said I wanted to go somewhere to train. He wasn’t ready for that day when it did come.”
Cody and his wife Brandi Rhodes star together in the reality show Rhodes to the Top (2021) which revolves around their personal and professional lives.
Cody Rhodes Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Birth name||Cody Garrett Runnels Chris Van Vliet - YouTube|
|Full name||Cody Garrett Runnels Rhodes Cody Rhodes - Twitter|
|Nickname(s)||• Cody ROH
• Cody R Wrestling Observer
• The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes - Instagram
• Fuego 2 Super Luchas
• Stardust The Sportster
|Physical Stats & More|
|WWE - Cody Rhodes Height||in centimeters- 187 cm
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 2”
|WWE - Cody Rhodes Weight||in kilograms- 100 kg
in pounds- 220 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 45 Inches
- Waist: 36 Inches
- Biceps: 18 Inches
• Ohio Valley Wrestling: June 16, 2006
• WWE: July 2 2007
• AEW: 2019
Film:Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon (2016) as Stardust
TV: The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (2009) as himself
Web Series: The JBL and Cole/Renee Show (2013-2015)
Video Game: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw (2009)
|Trainer(s)||• Al Snow
• Danny Davis
• Dusty Rhodes
• Randy Orton
• Ricky Morton
• Shawn Spears
|Slam/Signature Move(s)||As Cody Rhodes
• Alabama slam – adopted from Hardcore Holly; 2010–present
• Beautiful Disaster/Disaster Kick – Springboard kick (2010–present)
• Bulldog, sometimes from the second rope
• Knee drop
• Inverted suplex slam
• Muscle buster
• Running Crossbody, sometimes from the top rope
• Russian leg sweep
• Sleeper hold
• Snap power slam
• Cody Cutter (springboard cutter) 2019–present
• Gale Lock
• Falling inverted DDT
• Falling Star (Springboard senton from the ring apron to the outside of the ring)
• Springboard bionic elbow - Adopted from his father Dusty Rhodes
• Springboard Roundhouse Kick
• Straight jacket DDT
|Theme Song||"Kingdom" by Downstait|
|Awards & Achievements||Amateur Wrestling
• Georgia State Tournament (2003, 2004)
• All Elite Wrestling: AEW TNT Championship (3 times), AEW TNT Championship Tournament (2020)
• Alpha-1 Wrestling: A1 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ethan Page
• Global Force Wrestling: GFW NEX*GEN Championship (2016)
• NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2018)
• New Japan Pro-Wrestling: IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship (2019)
• NEW Heavyweight Championship (2017)
• OVW Heavyweight Championship (2011)
• ROH World Championship (2017)
• Sports Illustrated: Men's Wrestler of the Year (2018)
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
• WWE Intercontinental Championship (2011, 2020)
• WWE Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Drew McIntyre (1) and Goldust (2)
• World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Hardcore Holly (1) and Ted DiBiase (2)
• Men’s Royal Rumble (2023)
• WWE Tag Team Championship No. 1 Contender's Tournament (2012) – with Damien Sandow
• Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Worst Gimmick (2015)
|Date of Birth||30 June 1985 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Marietta, Georgia, United States|
|Hometown||Marietta, Georgia, United States|
|School||Lassiter High School|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Religion||Agnostic Rolling Stones|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Cody Rhodes - Instagram|
|Hobbies||Playing video games, reading comics, traveling|
|Tattoo(s)||• The American Nightmare Logo on Neck
• 'Dream' on Chest
• Geometrical Triangle Tattoo on Finger
|Controversies||• Using WWE Banned Words: Cody created a controversy after he commented on the banned words in WWE stating that “If they fine me $1,000 every time I say belts, I’m fine with it. Belts. It can be a title belt, sure, it’s a championship. But it also physically goes around your waist. It’s a belt. So, those are great belts [in the new Mattel figures].” It was a response to the panelist Steve Ozer who spoke of the “title belts” before he realized and replaced it with “championship titles.” The banned words in the tournament are “Wrestling, Wrestlers, Belt, Blood, Choke, Diva, Strap, Mofos, Head Shot, Trauma, DQ, The Anti-Diva, Spinal Injuries, Victim, Violence/Violent, WWF, Wifebeater, Curb Stomp, Strangle, Kill, Murder, Kayfabe, House Show, Push, Being Over, Babyface, Heel, Job/Jobber, Card, and Non-Title.” Give Me Sports
• LGBTQ Themed T-Shirt Controversy: To commemorate the Pride Month, Cody showed his support to LGBTQ group by launching a T-Shirt with his Logo on it. This was done for a charity that helps to protect Transgender rights. This act of portraying his own logo got a lot of criticism as fans thought that Nayla Rose or Sonny Kiss would have been a better representative of the community. However, later on Rose defended Cody by saying that he only had good intentions. Yahoo Sports
"People tend to be a little too woke a lot of times and overlook a lot of things,” Rose said. “Cody’s an ally and he wants to go out there and do good. How can you hate on someone who wants to do good because it isn’t how you want it to be done? That’s absolutely silly. Cody actually asked me about the charity, so I did my research and due diligence and said absolutely and we agreed it was a great place for the proceeds to go to. To have someone like Cody, Dustin Rhodes, Brandi Rhodes back me and see me as a person first, it means the world to me.”
• AEW “American Dream” Promo on Anthony Ogogo: Rhodes revealed a promo on AEW Dynamite during his Double or Nothing match with Anthony Ogogo, in which he was seen giving a patriotic speech to his audience. Many of his fans criticised him and Cody has to come clean to the media and explain his intentions. He cleared that he was not trying to 'mansplain' racism but only trying to express how proud he is of his family and country. Bleacher Report
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Layla El (English real estate agent and retired professional wrestler, dancer, and model) (2009 - 2011)
• Abby Zamrorano (2000 - 2004)
• Melissa Lingafelt (American Model) (2009 - 2010) (rumored)
• Sophie Graham (2006 - 2009) (rumored)
• Sarah Allison Williams (2004 - 2006) (rumored)
|Wife/Spouse||Brandi Alexis Reed (American wrestler, ring announcer, model, businesswoman, and television personality)
|Children||Daughter- Liberty Iris Runnels (b. June 18, 2021)
|Parents||Father- "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (WWE wrestler and Hall of Famer) (d. June 11, 2015; aged 69)
Mother- Michelle Rubio Rhodes
|Siblings||Brother- Dustin Runnels, aka Dustin Rhodes or Goldust (wrestler) (half-brother)
• Teil Gergel Margaret
• Kristin Ditto (former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader)
|Food||Wat A Burger|
|Theme Park||Universal Studios|
|Games||The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time|
|WWE Match||Hogan Rock, Wrestle Mania 12|
|Band||Our Lady Peace|
|TV Show||Saved by the Bell|
|Fictional Characters||Omega Red, Cyclops, and Inhumans|
|Car Collection||• Lamborghini Urus SUV
• Mercedes G Class
• Porsche Panamera
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cody Rhodes
Cody Rhodes is an American wrestler, businessman, and actor who is signed by WWE and appears on WWE Raw. He is also known for being the vice president of All Elite Wrestling (AWE), the second-largest wrestling organization after WWE. At the same time, he has been a champion three times.
As a high schooler, he decided to join Penn State University’s wrestling team but later switched to professional wrestling.
When he was 12 years old, Cody began wrestling as an amateur, leading to the 2003 Georgia state championship.
WWE assigned him to the main roster in 2007 where he won two Intercontinental Championships and six world tag team championships (three World Tag Team Championships and three WWE Tag Team Championships). WWE terminated Rhodes’ contract in May 2016.
WrestleMania, Final Battle, NPPW’s Wrestle Kingdom, and Bound for Glory are among the events he competed in from 2016 to 2017. For this tenure, Rhodes participated in 15 championships which also included two world titles, and in 2018, the NWA Worlds, IWGP U.S., and ROH Six-Man titles simultaneously.
- In 2019, Rhodes and his wife joined the AEW as wrestlers and the executive vice president. However, in February 2022, they failed to get the contract back due to which they had to leave AEW.
- He made a comeback to WWE at WrestleMania 38 and won against Seth Rollins. After winning the 2023 Men’s Royal Rumble match he went on to wrestle at WrestleMania 39.
- In 2017, he played the role of Stardust in The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-WrestleMania!
- In 2010, he made an appearance in Warehouse 13 as Kurt Smoller. In 2011 he made an appearance in Food Network Challenge. Rhodes also guest-starred on Arrow (seasons 5 & 7) as Derek Sampson. He is also a part of the Go-Big Show, a talent show that focuses more on monster trucks, alligator trainers, stunt archery, and other radical feats.
- In 2015, he played a role in ‘Swerved’, and from 2016-2022 he was a part of Being the Elite team.
- A few games that Rhodes is a part of include WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, WWE All Stars (as DLC), WWE ’12, WWE ’13, WWE 2K14, and WWE 2K15 as Cody Rhodes, and in WWE 2K16 and WWE 2K17 under his name Stardust.
- His family is that of wrestlers including his godfather, Magnum T. A. who is an American retired professional wrestler. His uncle Fred Ottman is better known by his ring name Tugbot or Typhoon. His uncle Jerry Sags is a member of the tag team The Nasty Boys. The well-known Scorpio Sky is Cody’s cousin by marriage who is a part of the AEW.
- During his high school days, Rhodes was also a referee in his father’s Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling promotion.
- After completing high school, Cody also joined an acting school for a while because his father did not want him to enter the sport. The Post and Courier
- In the TV show Arrows, Derek Sampson’s, the role that Cody plays, drug of choice was named Stardust in homage to Rhodes’ name in WWE.
- When he left WWE for Independent Circuit, Cody wrestled under his first name ‘Cody’ as the name ‘Cody Rhodes’ was trademarked by WWE until 2020.
- In September 2018, after winning the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship, he and Dusty Rhoades were the first father-and-son duo to win the title.
- Rhodes became one of the faces of the Gillette “Be a Superstar” advertising campaign, along with fellow wrestlers Chris Jericho and John Cena in 2009.
- Rhodes’s inclusion in the video games AEW Fight Forever and WWE 2K23 marked his return to WWE Games.
- Rhodes is obsessed with playing Zelda game and is a huge comic book fan. He has also worn wrestling gear inspired by Archangel and Mister Sinister, characters from X-Men.
- He owns a game cabinet of the 1992 X-Men arcade game.
- Cody is an animal lover and has four pet dogs named Paraoh, Colby, Monterey, and Yeti. One can not just spot these pets on his social media but they often accompany him to his workplace as well.
- Cody has written a children’s book called ‘Cody Heart of the Mountain.’
- Cody along with Frankie Kazarian (wrestler) and Sam Leccia (businessman)owns a cigar company called ‘American Rebel Cigars.’
- Cody Rhodes is a non-vegetarian who like to include chicken and red meats in his diet for extra protein. Cody Rhodes – Instagram
- Cody likes to drink alcoholic beverages and smoke on an occasional basis.