Some Lesser Known Facts About Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Does Khabib Nurmagomedov smoke ?: No
- Does Khabib Nurmagomedov drink alcohol?: No
- His father used to train him in his childhood. In an interview, he said that his father was very strict, which helped him learn discipline and improve his fighting skills.
- He started combat training from a very young age. He started with wrestling then moved to judo when he turned 15.
- He started his training in combat sambo when he was just 17.
- Khabib made his MMA debut in September 2008. He secured 4 wins within the first month and took the MMA world by storm.
- In 2011, he joined UFC on an initial 4-year contract.
- In 2013, he set a new record of 21 successful take-downs from 27 attempts during his match against Abel Trujillo.
- In 2013, he got married to an anonymous girl and had a daughter with her.
- During the 2014-2015 period, he had to stay away from the Octagon due to injuries and bad health.
- In 2014, a video surfaced online, which showed him wrestling with a bear cub in his childhood.
- He made a comeback in 2016. In 2017, he was scheduled to fight Tony Ferguson but wasn’t able to make the weight cut and the match was cancelled.
- In 2018, he fought Connor McGregor and defeated him through submission at Madison Square Garden, New York. After the fight, he jumped from the ring into the audience and started attacking McGregor’s team. This incident caused a huge uproar and he received a lot of hatred; especially from the fans of McGregor.
Listen in ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/SXJW0Xe37B
— UFC (@ufc) October 8, 2018
- He holds the longest winning streak in MMA history with 27 wins.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)