• Fashion designer
|Famous Role||Nasibo in the Punjabi film Nasibo (1994)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
Note: She often dyes her hair with different colors.
|Debut||Film: Punjabi film Nasibo as Nasibo (1994)
|Awards, Achievements||• In 1993, she won the title of Miss Bombay.
• She won the title of Femina Miss India Beautiful Hair title in 1994.
• In 2014, she won the Couture Award at the L.A. Fashion Awards.
• In 2014, she also won Rising Stars Award at the EmpowHer Institute.
• In 2018, Kimi won the title of Mrs. India USA.
|Date of Birth||20 November 1977 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||44 Years|
|School||Guru Hargobind Public School, Sidhwan Khurd|
|College/University||• Mithibai College, Mumbai
• Mumbai University
|Educational Qualification(s) The Tribune||• B. Com.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||17 June 2001|
|Parents||Father- Krishan Kamal (Photographer)
Mother- Kamaljit Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Karan Kamal (Photographer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kimi Verma
- Kimi Verma is an Indian actress and a fashion designer. She was featured in various Punjabi movies like Qahar (1997), Shaheed Udham Singh (2000), Jee Aayan Nu (2002), Mera Pind-My home (2008), Ajj De Ranjhe (2012), and many more.
- She was born in Punjab, and later moved to Mumbai to complete her studies. While she was in Mumbai, she started doing modelling. She was featured in more than 100 ads. After graduating from Mumbai, she went to USA where she owned a women’s fashion house named Shail K, and was the CEO of the company.
- Kimi made contributions to various charities that provide food to people, and she also supported female entrepreneurs. In an interview, she talked about women empowerment and said,
It is very important for women to be financially independent. It teaches them self-worth. I stand big and tall for women having support from institutions for their organizations and goals.”
- When Kimi was young, she was not interested in acting. In an interview, she said that she never took part in drama or dance programs in school. She did her first film at the age of 14.
- When she started working in the industry, she was renamed as Kavita Kamal because the producers and directors thought that Kimi was a short name. Later, she changed her name to Kimi again.
- In an interview, she talked about being an entrepreneur and said that she was an M.B.A, and she wanted to use her education on the correct thing.
- Kimi was casted in a movie ‘Parvaaz: The Journey’ to be released in 2021. She became part of the film after a gap of five years.
- Kimi is a certified Nutritionist from Stanford University. She started her journey as a fitness expert when she saw that people who were ill were not able to manage their diets and eating habits. In an interview, she talked about health and wellness and said,
It’s important to create good habits because we think we are taking action if we are motivated but motivation is not reliable, you can be motivated one day then not be motivated in the evening anymore, so motivation is not reliable, but habits are. .f you create habits that’s what will last. I’m a big believer in habits as opposed to motivation only. I’ve seen this happen to many people in my motivation work — they are motivated by looking at some actor or something but that motivation doesn’t last — but if they change their habits, their habits last.”
- She did modeling in India, U.K, Egypt and Sri Lanka for brands like Sunsilk, HSBC, Clinic Plus, Liberty, Nescafe, etc.
- In an interview, when she was asked why she only acted in Punjabi films, she said,
I love Punjabi culture and I will promote it all the time. I will act in movies only if I get good meaningful roles. I did get offers in Hindi films but I was not very keen as these days Hindi films have hardly any good storyline.”
- She often posts pictures on Instagram with her daughters.
- In an interview, Kimi said that many people told her that her movie ‘ Jee Aayan Nu’ in 2002 changed the culture of Punjabi industry.
- She is often seen drinking at some occasions.