|Known for||Appearing as a contestant in the reality show Big Boss Marathi season 4
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||Film (Hindi; as a supporting actor): Apaharan as doctor's brother (2005)
Web series: Majhya Mitrachi Girlfriend on YouTube (2019)
Music video: Mazhya Vitthala (2021)
|Awards||• 2009: Nominated for Best Actor Award at Zee Gaurav Puraskaar
• 2010: Best Actor Award at the MaTa Sanman Awards
• 2013: Nominated for Best Actor Award at Zee Gaurav Puraskaar
• 2013: Nominated for Best Actor in Supporting Role at MaTa Sanman Awards
• 2013: Best Actor in Supporting Role Award at Sanskruti Kala Darpan Awards
• 2016: Sanskriti Kaladarpan Award for the play Perfect Mismatch
• 2018: National Art Award at Rashtriya Kala Samman Awards
• 2019: Gadima Mandeshi Award by Aadhar Foundation
• 2020: Best Actor Award for the Marathi play Jund
• Awarded with 'Rajarshi Shahu Puraskar' and 'Master Naresh Purskar' awards by Akhil Bhartiya Natya Parishad
• Won Roupya-Padak Award three times at the Maharashtra State Drama Competition
|Date of Birth||5 April|
|Birthplace||Baramati, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Baramati, Maharashtra, India Kiran Mane - Facebook|
|School||Bharat Mata Vidya Mandir, Satara, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Satara Polytechnic College, Songaon, Maharashtra Kiran Mane - Facebook|
|Address||40, Gurukrupa housing society, Shahunagar, Satara, Maharashtra|
|Controversy||Dropped from the television show Mugli Zali Ho
Kiran Mane, on 13 January 2022, was dropped from the Marathi television show Mugli Zali Ho by the production house as he was accused of offensive behaviour with his female co-actors during the shoot of the show. In an interview, the makers of the show revealed the reason behind firing him from the show and said,
The production house has confirmed that the decision to dismiss Mr. Mane from the show was on account of his misconduct with several co-artists on the show, in particular, the female protagonist of the show. Several complaints were made by his co-actors, director, and other unit members of the show against his continuous disrespectful and offensive behaviour towards them. Despite numerous warnings given to Mr. Mane he continued to behave in the same manner violating the basic decency and decorum on the sets of the show. Given our zero-tolerance policy for any kind of disrespectful behaviour towards women, we support the decision to dismiss him from the show. The Times of India
Without any prior suspension notice, Kiran who played the role of Vilas Patil in the show was asked not to report for shooting as he was replaced by some other actor. In an interview, he opposed the allegations made against him and said,
I have never ever done anything. I don't understand why they woke up suddenly and started blaming me. The statement which the channel has issued is completely baseless. There is no truth in their statement. I have never behaved badly with any co-actors. The channel does not have anything to say now and that is why to clear their side, they are putting these allegations on me. My female co-actors were like my sisters. I had a fight with my co-actor Sharvani Pillai, a long time ago, over the latter's confession. Apart from this, I have never had a tiff with anybody. If they had a problem with my behavior then why didn't they file any complaint against me? Why haven't they communicated to me about these complaints? Is it right to fire someone who was playing a main role in the show overnight without giving a proper reason? The makers should have heard my side before axing me from the show." The Times of India
As per sources, Kiran alleged that the BJP government is the main reason behind his removal from the show as he often shared his political views on social media, which were not favoured by the party leaders. Further, he revealed that it was not his inappropriate behaviour towards his female co-actors, but a tweet made by him, which was indirectly linked to the 14th prime minister of India Narendra Modi. Kiran, without naming him or referring to the incident, posted to Twitter in which he slammed Narendra Modi for his visit to Punjab on 5th January 2022, which was cancelled due to a security breach. He tweeted in the Marathi language, which read,
Despite having one or two in the audience, we never cancelled our theatre show. We always tried to show that the show was houseful and returned home. Our chest is full of courage.” Hindustan Times
Kiran, in an interview, revealed that soon after his tweet, he was heavily criticized by the party supporters, was abused in the comment section, and was even threatened to be removed from the show Mugli Zali Ho.
In an interview, Keshav Upadhye, chief spokesperson of BJP, Maharashtra, denied the allegations made by Kiran against the BJP government and said,
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and several BJP leaders are trolled on social media…If someone wants to become big by attacking them, so be it… We respect freedom of expression. Mane’s allegations are false. No BJP leader is behind his removal. It is an issue between the channel and the actor and we have nothing to do with it. He should respond to their allegations rather than trying to drag the BJP into this unrelated controvers.” The Indian Express
Despite receiving hate for his posts, several people also came in support of him. Dhananjay Munde, a member of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), accused the channel Star Pravah of cultural terrorism as the makers of the show, under political pressure, laid him off from the show without any prior notice. He took to Twitter to support Kiran Mane and posted a tweet, which read,
An actor like Kiran Mane expresses himself about political topics as he has got freedom of speech. But Star Pravah has removed him due to political pressures and trolling. This is a sign of falling prey to cultural terrorism.” OP India
Kiran filed a defamation case against Panorama Production House on 31 January 2022, claiming that the charges laid on him were baseless, and he demanded compensation of Rs 5 crore on account of the financial and personal loss suffered by him. Maharashtra Times
In an interview, Kiran claimed that his posts often had a sarcastic approach, which was taken into good note by other political party members apart from the BJP party and said,
Read all my (Facebook) posts. You will not find the poison of casteism anywhere. You will not find that I have criticised anyone by hitting below the belt. When we used to work in theatre, we used to criticise Indira Gandhi and Rajeev Gandhi. Even Congress leaders used to applaud us for that. They didn’t say that you should not criticise us or (make) any such threat. But now even if we write one sentence, we are threatened by saying ‘How can you write this?” The Wire
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Aarush Mane
Daughter- Eesha Mane
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Name not known
• Amrut Mane
• Name not known
• Kavita Mane
• Kirti Mane
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Quote||"In every man, there are ten and twenty men. Whoever wants to see, see many times"|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kiran Mane
- Kiran Mane is an Indian actor and writer who predominantly works in Marathi films and television shows. He is known for persistently sharing political views on his social media handles against political party leaders. In October 2022, he participated in the reality television show Bigg Boss Marathi season 4 on Colors Marathi.
- During his childhood days, Kiran aspired to become an actor. After completing his formal education, Kiran dropped his dream of becoming an actor to support his family financially. Initially, he worked at his shop “Kiran Automotive,” which was situated on the highway of his hometown, Satara.
While working at the shop, he found an advertisement for Satyadev Dubey’s acting workshop in the newspaper. Soon, he decided to shut his business, and enrolled himself in an acting workshop to pursue his dream of becoming an actor. Kiran Mane – Facebook
- After completing his acting course, Kiran, initially, started performing in plays and stage shows. He acted in a few theatrical productions like Perfect Mismatch, Shree Tashi Sou, Govind Ghya Gopal Ghya, Manomilan, MaayLeki, Chal Tuji Seat Pakki, Ulat Sulat, and Jund. Kiran acted, directed, and wrote the play Ti Geli Tevha.
- Kiran Mane featured in a few Marathi films like On Duty 24 Taas (2010), Swarajya (2011), Shrimant Damodar Pant (2013), and Kanha (2016).
- Kiran appeared in a few Marathi television shows like Lakshmi V/S Saraswati on Star Pravah (2015), Majhya Navaryachi Bayko as Shirish on Zee Marathi (2016), and Bheti Lagi Jeeva Sony Marathi (2018).
- In 2020, Kiran rose to fame when he played the character of Vilas Patil in the Marathi television show Mulgi Zali Ho on Star Pravah.
- In January 2018, Kiran was invited as a chief spectator at the closing ceremony of the Satara Book Festival.
- In 2019, Kiran performed in the Star Pravah Parivar Awards on Star Pravah.
- In an interview, Kiran revealed that he is a follower of the ideologies of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and Shahu Phule Ambedkar, and he is not a part of any political party. He said,
I follow the ideology of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and Shahu-Phule-Ambedkar. It is clear that this ideology is not liked by some people which can be seen from the kind of abusive trolling that happens.” The Indian Express
- In September 2022, Kiran, through a Facebook post, shared the photo of his lookalike with the fans.
- In October 2022, Kiran participated as a contestant in the reality show Big Boss Marathi season 4 on Colors Marathi. After being dismissed from the serial Mulgi Zali Ho in January 2022, Kiran Mane was depressed as he was ousted from a popular television show due to allegations of misconduct, and even he did not get any work opportunities for a few months. During one of the episodes of the Big Boss Marathi season 4, Kiran thanked the makers of the show for selecting him for the reality show and said,
A few days ago, a few crooked and cunning people from the industry tried their best to keep me away from fame despite being a deserving person. They pushed me into the dark side but you showed me the light and fame again. For 6 months, I was heartbroken. The cunning people took cameras away from me but now 250 cameras are there on me in Bigg Boss. The Times of India