|Nickname(s)||SRK, King Khan, King of Romance, Baadshah|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV: Fauji (1989)
Film: Deewana (1992)
1993: Best Debut Actor for Deewana
1994: Best Actor for Baazigar
1995: Critics Award for Best Actor for Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Best Villain for Anjaam
1996: Best Actor for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
1998: Best Actor for Dil To Pagal Hai
1999: Best Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
2001: Critics Award for Best Actor for Mohabbatein
2002: Given the Special Award Swiss Consulate Trophy
2003: Best Actor for Devdas
2005: Best Actor for Swades
2008: Best Actor for Chak De India
2011: Best Actor for My Name Is Khan
2005: Padma Shri by The Government of India
2013: Goodwill ambassador by The Government of South Korea
2014: Légion d'honneur by The Government of France
2007: NDTV Indian of the Year
2011: Pyramide con Marni by the UNESCO
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||2 November 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||St. Columba’s School, Delhi|
|College/University||Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor's degree in Economics
Masters degree in Mass Communications (Film making)
|Address||Mannat, Land’s End, Bandstand, Bandra (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400050, India
|Hobbies||Playing Computer Games, Collecting Gadgets, Playing Cricket|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Cricket, Books, Computer and Video Games, Hi-Tech Gadgets, Rain, Colognes
Dislikes: Sentimentality and Displaying his own feelings, Liars, Early Mornings, Heat, Getting Pictured while eating
|Controversies||• In 2001, Shah Rukh was accused for illegally using a plot of land, which was given to her mother on an annual licence fee. He was charged a fine of Rs 12,627 for not paying the license fee and violating the law.
not only did the family fail to pay the license fee but it also built a
• In 2008, Shahrukh and Salman fought at Katrina Kaif's birthday party.
• In 2012, he attracted a controversy by slapping Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan's husband) in a party.
• In 2012, during an IPL match at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai, he was criticised for manhandling a security guard and was also barred from entering Wankhede stadium.
• In 2013, his statement that he is going to have a baby boy through Surrogacy was condemned by the Indian Radiological and Imaging Associations. They questioned that how could he know the sex of the baby since sex determination is banned in India. However, BMC gave him a clean chit.
• He was caught Smoking publicly in Rajasthan during IPL match in 2012.
In 2016, he was accused by the local group of flouting heritage rules and building a ramp outside his bungalow, which was demolished by the BMC officials.
|Relationships & More
|Marriage Date||25 October 1991|
|Wife/Spouse||Gauri Khan (Indian Film Producer and an Interior Designer)
|Children||Sons- Aryan Khan, AbRam Khan
Daughter- Suhana Khan
|Parents||Father- Late Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)
Mother- Late Lateef Fatima (Magistrate, Social Worker)
Sister- Shahnaz Lalarukh (Elder)
|Favourite Food(s)||Tandoori Chicken, Chinese Cuisines|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Pepsi, Coffee|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Mumtaz, Saira Banu|
|Favourite TV Show||American: Narcos|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Blue, Black, White|
|Favourite Phrase||'Let's do it'|
|Favourite Destination(s)||London & Dubai|
|Favourite Perfume(s)||Diptyque, Armani, Tuscany and Azzaro|
|Favourite Book||The Hitch-Hiker's Guid to The Galaxy (Author Douglas)|
|Favourite Outfit(s)||Jeans, T-Shirt and Jacket|
|Favourite Male Co-Stars||Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff|
|Favourite Female Co-Stars||Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Film Director||Manmohan Desai|
|Favourite Music Director||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Hockey, Football, Cricket|
|Favourite Soccer Player(s)||Socrates, Pele, Maradona and Mattheus|
|Favourite Fashion Designer(s)||Dolce & Gabbana|
|Favourite Historical Person(s)||Genghis Khan, Hitler, Napoleon|
|Favourite Subject||English, especially Shakespeare
|Favourite Spice||Red Chillies|
|Cars Collection||Audi A6 Luxury Saloon, Benteley Continental GT, BMW 6 Series,
BMW 7 Series, BMW i8
Bugatti Veyron, Mitsubishi Pajero SFX, Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
|Salary (approx.)||₹45 crore/film|
|Income (as in 2018)||₹56 crore/annum Forbes India|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹3780 crores
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shah Rukh Khan
- Does Shah Rukh Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Shah Rukh Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Shah Rukh Khan was born in a mediocre family as his father ran a transport company and mother was a magistrate and they used to live in rental apartments.
- During an interview, he told that his mother was a South-Indian and belonged to Andhra Pradesh but later moved to Karnataka.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s father was a distant relative of freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose, as his father was the cousin of General Shah Nawaz, who was the second-in-command to Subhash Chandra.
- His parents had a love marriage, and they met each other at first in a hospital where his mother was injured and needed blood and his father donated the blood. Their love started from that moment.
- He was named Shahrukh, which means “Face of the King”, but he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.
- He was just 15 years old when his father died due to cancer in 1981.
- He was awarded the ‘Sword of Honor’ title at St. Columba’s School, New Delhi, which was assigned to the best student of the school.
- Apart from academics, he was equally active in sports and excelled in hockey and football at his school.
- SRK used to call each other ‘Yaar’.
- During his youth, he used to mimic legendary Bollywood actors like Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Mumtaz, etc.
- His first salary was ₹50, which he earned by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas‘s concert in Delhi. He also once tried to expand a small restaurant business in Dariya Ganj, but it didn’t work.
- With his first earned salary, he took the train to Agra and saw the Taj Mahal.
- His friend Vivek Vaswani helped him in his struggling days, and also later worked with him as a co-actor in movies- Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman and Josh.
- In 1988, he was first offered a role in Lekh Tandon’s television show- Dil Dariya, but there were continuous delays in the broadcasting of the show, which led his series Fauji to become his television debut.
- He is a food buff and crazy for Tandoori Chicken and once told that he can eat it 365 days even.
- He has also done small roles in the TV serials named Umeed, Wagle Ki Duniya, Mahan Karz, and even in the English language TV film titled “In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones.”
- After his mother’s demise in 1991, he shifted to Mumbai along with his sister.
- SRK got his first offer from Hema Malini‘s directional debut titled “Dil Aashna Hai”, but his film debut was made with Deewana, which was released in June 1992.
- SRK was then featured in back-to-back films named Chamatkar, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Maya Memsaab, King Uncle, Baazigar, Darr, and also a cameo in Pehla Nasha.
- Although he doesn’t stammer in his real life, his dialogue “I love you KKK Kiran” from the movie- Darr became an all-time evergreen hit.
- In 1994, he signed the film- Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and was offered an amount of ₹25,000 only for the entire film. He also sold the movie tickets at the booking window on the opening day of the film in a cinema of Mumbai.
- He became a household name after the blockbuster film “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.”
- While shooting for the song “Chaiya Chaiya” on a moving train for the movie “Dil Se,” he was the only one who was not tied to the train whereas all the other dancers were tied for protection.
- Not only for his acting but he earned laurels also for action direction for the film- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. He also recommended Karan Johar to include Rani Mukherjee in the film.
- Until the end of the late 90s, he became a public sensation, especially among teenagers, and was identified as an icon of romance in India without even actually kissing any of his co-stars on screen till then, which led him to earn the title of “King of Romance.”
- Besides ruling the world of acting, he is also famous for his hosting skills, which has been justified through a plethora of Award shows starting with 48th Filmfare awards and then in a row- 49th, 52nd, 53rd, 55th, 57th, 58th, 61st, 62nd and 63rd Filmfare awards, 20th, 21st Life OK Screen Awards, 6th, 14th International Indian Film Academy Awards and many others on the list.
- He is a very generous person and is involved in various philanthropic works. He has also been associated with many charitable organisations and one of them is “Make A Wish Foundation.”
- SRK has also hosted Season 3 of Kaun Banega Crorepati broadcasted on Sony Entertainment.
- He has a fear of riding horses and hates eating ice-creams.
- SRK, along with Juhi Chawla and his husband Jay Mehta, has bought the ownership rights to the franchise representing Kolkata in the Twenty20 cricket tournament IPL for US$75.09 million and later renamed it to Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- He has also been chosen as the brand ambassador of various governmental campaigns like Pulse Polio and National AIDS Control Organisation and delegated by UNOPS as the first global ambassador of the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council.
- SRK first kissed on screen in his movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” in 2012.
- The same year his biography titled “King Khan: The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan” was published, which made him the first Indian actor and second Indian citizen after Sachin Tendulkar to have his biography published by Kraken Opus.
- SRK’s double role in the movie- Fan received great laurels from the viewers. For his this movie, he was transformed into a 25-year-old individual, and this challenge was taken up by the International makeup artist Greg Cannom, who has won three Academy Awards.
- In 2017, he came up with an Indian talk show- TED Talks India Nayi Soch produced by TED conferences.
- SRK was conferred the 24th annual Crystal Award by World Economic Forum for his tremendous work in women empowerment, acid attacks victims and child rights.
- He has a mannequin of himself in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.
- SRK has charmed the people worldwide with his signature pose i.e. Spreading his arms wide open unto the blue azure skies.
- In 2018, Aanand L. Rai came up with a movie titled “Zero,” which was also in news for Sridevi‘s last appearance in the films.
- SRK has a great obsession towards numerology and is very much superstitious about number 555; as he believes it brings good luck for him. Moreover, all of his cars have the registered number 555 and his personal e-mail ID also contains the same number.
- Despite believing in Islam, he equally values his wife’s religion and teaches his children too to do the same. He once told that at his home, the Qur’an is situated next to the Hindu gods.
References/Sources: [ + ]