|Real Name||Laila Amaria Ali|
|Nickname||She Bee Stingin'|
|Profession||Former Professional Boxer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Professional Debut||On October 8, 1999 against April Fowler in Verona, New York|
|Coach/Mentor||Johnny "Yahya" McClain (manager)|
|Achievements (main ones)||• IBA Female Super Middleweight title (2002/2004)
• IWBF Female Super Middleweight title (2002/2004)
• IWBF Female Light Heavyweight title (2004)
• WIBA World Super Middleweight title (2002/2007)
• WBC World Super Middleweight title (2005/2007)
• AOCA Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award (2012)
|Career Turning Point||On 17 August 2002, when she won the IBA title.|
|Date of Birth||30 December 1977|
|Age (as in 2016)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.|
|College||Santa Monica College, California, United States|
|Educational Qualifications||Business degree|
|Family||Father- Late Muhammad Ali (Boxer)
Mother- Veronica Porché Ali
Brother- Asaad Amin (step) and Muhammad Ali Jr (step)
Sisters- Hana Ali, Rasheda Ali (step), Maryum Ali (step), Jamillah Ali (step), Khaliah Ali (step), Miya Ali (step)
|Religion||Islam (doesn't follow the Islamic faith)|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Gymming, Writing, Nail-art|
|Controversies||Laila was arrested several times like- for stealing her mother's car, shoplifting, credit card frauds etc.|
|Favourite Boxer||Christy Martin|
|Favourite Food||Greek yogurt, kale chips, Chicken tenders, beetroot|
|Boys, Family & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Johnny McClain (1999-2005)
Curtis Conway, American Footballer (2005-present)
|Husband||John McClain (married 2000-2005)
Curtis Conway (married 2007-present)
|Children||Daughter- Sydney J. Conway (born April 4, 2011)
Son- Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr. (born August 26, 2008)
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laila Ali
- Does Laila Ali smoke?: Not Known
- Does Laila Ali drink alcohol?: Not Known
- When she was 16 years old, she was a manicurist.
- Before the beginning of her boxing career, she owned her own nail salon.
- Laila began boxing at the age of 18 after having inspired by Christy Martin.
- She announced her decision to become a professional boxer in an American morning TV show- Good Morning America.
- Initially her father, Muhammad Ali, resisted her decision to enter the professional boxing citing it being a dangerous game.
- In her very first fight against April Fowler, Laila knocked her out in 31 seconds.
- When she won her 2nd match, only 3 seconds were left on the clock.
- After winning 8 fights in a row, she desired to fight against George Foreman’s daughter- Freeda Foreman or Joe Frazier’s daughter- Jackie Frazier-Lyde and Laila & Frazier finally met on June 8, 2001. Laila won the fight in 8 rounds.
- Laila fought her inspiration- Christy Martin on 23 August 2003 and knocked her out in 4 rounds.
- When she won the WBC title, she became the 2nd women to do so after Jackie Nava.
- In 2002, Laila wrote a book (co-author, David Ritz)- Reach! Finding Strength, Spirit, and Personal Power.
- In 2002, she appeared in a Canadian rock band Default’s music video- Deny.
- In 2007, she appeared in an American dance television show- Dancing with the Stars partnering with Maksim Chmerkovskiy and their partnership was widely praised by the judges.
- On 2nd February 2007, Laila defeated O’Neil in her last professional boxing match.