|Nickname||Karuna Kanchan Karuna Pandey's Instagram Account|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Debut||Hindi film: The Bypass (2003) as a Woman in Car
TV: Rooh (2004) on Zee TV
|Awards||• Best Villain award at Colors Golden Petal Award for the television serial Devanshi on Colors TV (2017)
• Best Actress award at Indian Telly Awards and Editorial Choice Awards for the television serial Pushpa Impossible on Colors TV (2023)
|Date of Birth||4 September 1980 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hometown||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|College/University||Department of Indian Theatre in Chandigarh, Panjab University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English, Post graduation in performing arts (acting)|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian IWM Buzz|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Dancing, Choreography, Listening to music, Writing songs, Filmmaking|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rutwij Vaidya (actor, director)|
|Marriage Date||20 February 2014
|Husband/Spouse||Rutwij Vaidya (actor, director)
|Parents||Father- P.C. Pandey (died in 2005, officer in command in military farms)
Mother- Deepa Pandey (homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister- Bhawna Sharma (businesswoman)
|Film||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015), Zindagi (1964)|
- Karuna Pandey is an Indian actress, theatre artist, and dancer. She is known for her appearances in the television shows Pushpa Impossible (2022) and Devanshi (2016), and the 2015 film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.
- Karuna attended Kendriya Vidyalaya schools in multiple locations such as Ambala, Shillong, Chennai, Agra, Udhampur, Lucknow, and other cities due to her father’s military service.
- Karuna Pandey started her acting career in 2003 by playing the role of a woman in a car in the film ‘The Bypass,’ which was a short silent Bollywood film starring actors Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Irrfan Khan, and Sundar Dan Detha.
- Karuna Pandey rose to prominence after playing the role of Shaili Vimal Prasad in Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli in 2009. She played lead roles in many popular TV shows including Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (2005), Shraddha (2009), and Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Aangan Hoga (2013) on Sahara One.
- In 2013, she appeared as Kamini in the television series ‘Khauff Begins… Ringa Ringa Roses,’ streamed on Life OK.
- In 2015, Karuna Pandey appeared as Padmini Awasthi in the television serial ‘Bhaage Re Mann.’
- In 2015, Karuna Pandey appeared as Maharani Bhagwanti Singh in the Bollywood film ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.’
- Apart from being an actress, she is also a fine writer and often writes Shayaris and poems. According to her, in 2016, she gifted a unique handwritten poem to all the female co-stars of the television serial ‘Bhaage Re Mann’ on the occasion of Women’s Day.
- In 2016, Karuna Pandey appeared as Mata Kusum Sundari Choudhary in the television show ‘Devanshi.’
- In 2019, she appeared as Prabha Mausi in the film ‘Motichoor Chaknachoor.’
- In 2022, in a media interview, she narrated her love for cooking food at home. She stated some of her favourite dishes. She said,
I only eat vegetarian foods. I prefer soup over salads. I don’t really hate any vegetables, but I’m not a fan of long and flat beans. The most tempting dish for me would be rajma chawal. My family loves to eat my kadhi chawal and paneer butter masala. Maggi is definitely my go-to midnight snack.”
- In 2022, Karuna Pandey gained popularity with her performance in the television show ‘Pushpa Impossible’ on Sony SAB and SonyLIV.
- In 2023, she participated in the television reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa,’ streamed on Sony Entertainment Television.
- Karuna Pandey is an animal lover and has pets named Romeo, Barbie, Mau, and Cuttie. According to her, she is an animal activist. Once, during a media interview, she expressed her love for animals. She said,
“I have two cats and a dog as my kids. All three are adopted as I personally discourage breeding. My husband too is an animal lover like me. Both my husband and I are happy with our animal kids and we do not intend to have ‘human’ kids.”
- Her father was once diagnosed with cancer.
- Once, in a media interview, she shared her love for dancing. She said,
I was always into dancing – I am a trained Kathak and Bharatnatyam dancer, so dancing is within me, and acting for some reason came naturally to me.”
- Karuna Pandey’s sister, Bhawna Sharma, runs a company named ARTIUS in Gurgaon.