|Real Name||Laxmikant Yashwant Parsekar|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Laxmikant served as Health Minister of Goa prior to becoming Chief Minister of the state.
• In 2002 Goa Assembly Elections, Parsekar won his seat with a margin of just 750 votes.
• He was re-elected in 2007 with double the margin.
• Parsekar in 2012 again won his constituency and thus became the third consecutive MLA of the state.
• In November 2014, he was announced as the Chief Minister of Goa when his Predecessor, Manohar Parrikar was made the Defence Minister of India.
|Biggest Rival||Ramakant Khalap|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 77 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Date of Birth||4 July 1956|
|Age (as in 2017)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Harmal village, Pernem taluka, Goa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Harmal Village, Goa|
|College||Centre of Post Graduate Instruction & Research, Panaji, Goa|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Education, Master of Science|
|Debut||Prior to joining politics, Parsekar served as a teacher and an RSS volunteer. He began his political career in the late 1980s from the party which his parents never supported.|
|Family||Father- Yashwant Parsek
Mother- Smita Parsekar
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||"YASHWANT" Varchawada, Arambol,
|Controversies||• Parsekar was criticised for his controversial remark on the nurses who were protesting against the agency that had been given the contract for Ambulances. Parsekar said; stop this Dharna(protest), summer has already started and would ruin your glamour. You won't get married with such faces.
• He triggered controversy with his statement about Nigerians. Parsekar iterated that People of Goa are unhappy with the attitude of Nigerians and that with their behaviour and way of life.
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Rishi Parsekar
Daughter- Shambhavi Parsekar
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 11 Crore (as in 2012)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laxmikant Parsekar
- Does Laxmikant Parsekar smoke: Not Known
- Does Laxmikant Parsekar drink alcohol: Not Known
- Laxmikant was a teacher and an RSS volunteer before linked himself to Bhartiya Janata Party in the late 80s. His parents were never in his favour of joining politics and that too BJP, a party they never supported. For his decision, he was looked upon as a rebel.
- It took him 15 years to get a victory against Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party’s Ramakant Khalap in 2002. It was a thin 750 votes win but it gave the Parsekar and BJP the boost they needed in the state for long.
- Parsekar never looked back and thereafter he won three consecutive terms from Mandrem constituency.
- He has been a loyal member of the party and his loyalty got him the charge as the Chief Minister of Goa in 2014 when Manohar Parrikar was given a charge in the Cabinet Ministry of India.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡