|Real Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1988, BJP elected him Organizing Secretary of Party's Gujarat Unit.
• In November 1995, he was elected National Secretary of BJP.
• In May 1998, he became the General Secretary of BJP.
• On 3 October 2001, he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the 1st time and retained the post till 2014.
• He was appointed to BJP Parliamentary Board on 31 March 2013.
• On 26 May 2014, he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of India.
|Biggest Rival||Rahul Gandhi, Nitish Kumar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Blood Group||A (+ve)|
|Date of Birth||17 September 1950|
|Age (as in 2017)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||Vadnagar, Bombay State (presently Gujarat), India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Gujarat, India|
|School||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|College||Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
|Educational Qualifications||BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
MA in Political Science from Gujarat University
|Debut||In 1985, when he joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).|
|Family||Father- Late Damodardas Mulchand Modi
Brother- Soma (75 Years) - Retired officer of health department, Prahlad (62) - runs a shop in Ahmedabad, Pankaj (57) - clerk in the information department headquarters, Gandhinagar
Sister- Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi, Amrut
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi), for more information about his caste, click here|
|Address||7 Race Course Road, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Controversies||• The biggest controversy in his career is the 2002 Gujarat Riots in which he has been criticized to mastermind it.
• Teesta Setalvad held him responsible for the murder of her husband in the Gulbarg Society in 2002.
• He was also held responsible for the fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan.
• He has also been criticized regarding his marital status.
• He was denied Visa by USA for his role in the Gujarat Riots.
• He was criticized for tapping the phone-calls of a girl (a student of architecture) in the Snoopgate scandal.
• In 2015, he was criticized for wearing a suit worth 10 Lakh with a monogram of his name- Narendra Modi.
|Favourite Politician||Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Leader||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi
|Salary||1.58 Lakh INR|
|Net Worth (approx.)||1.41 Crore INR (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Narendra Modi
- Does Narendra Modi Smoke?: No
- Does Narendra Modi Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was born to a family of oil-pressing community which is considered as the Other Backward Class.
- In his childhood, Modi wanted to join the Indian Army and tried to get himself enrolled in a Sainik School but due to financial constraints, he couldn’t get admission in Sainik School.
- Young Narendra Modi often lent his hands to his father’s tea-stall at the Vadnagar Railway Station.
- When he joined RSS, he was assigned to mop the floor at the RSS Headquarter in Ahmedabad.
- He was engaged to Jashodaben at a very young age.
- He doesn’t share his official residence with any of his family members.
- He undertook a 3 month course in the United States on Image Management and Public Realtions.
- After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader in the world on twitter (more than 12 million followers).
- He wears crease-less attires.
- During his tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, it became world’s 2nd best State in 2010.
- He never took even a single day holiday during his 13 year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi is considered as the most techno-savvy leader of India as he is very active on various social media platforms including twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- On 26 May 2014, he became the 1st ever Prime Minister of India to be born in the independent India.
- On 8 November 2016, in the most surprised move in the administrative history of India, he announced to demonetize the 500 & 1000 currency notes (the two biggest currencies in India).
- On 28 September 2014, he received a full-house reception at the Madison Square Garden in New York.