Some Lesser Known Facts About Lisa Ray
- Does Lisa Ray smoke?: Not Known
- Does Lisa Ray drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born to a Polish mother and Hindu Bengali father in Toronto, Canada.
- She was very close to her maternal grandmother and used to speak Polish with her.
- She was very friendly with her father and used to watch movies of Satyajit Ray and Federico Fellini.
- She also spent some of her childhood time in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- She was excellent in her studies and completed 5 years of high school in 4 years.
- She first came to public attention in the 1990s when she appeared in the Bombay Dyeing advertisement opposite Karan Kapoor.
- She planned to attend a university in Canada to study journalism. However, her plan was derailed after her mother was injured in a car accident.
- She became a sensation after appearing on the cover of Gladrags magazine wearing a red Baywatch-style swimsuit.
- She was ranked 9th most beautiful woman of the millennium in a poll by Times of India.
- In the mid-1990s, she became famous worldwide after appearing in a music video of the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s Aafreen Aafreen.
- She made her Bollywood debut in 2001 with Kasoor after turning down a number of roles.
- Divya Dutta dubbed her voice in Kasoor.
- She returned to Toronto in 2008 upon her mother’s death.
- She also appeared in a few uninhibited sex scenes.
- She also started a blog- The Yellow Diaries, to share her cancer experience.
- She underwent a stem cell transplant on Christmas 2009 and in April 2009, she announced that she was cancer-free due to the transplant. However, she is not completely cured of the disease as Multiple Myeloma is an incurable disease.
- She is considered an inspiration to the cancer patients.
- She is pure vegetarian and even avoids dairy products.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡