Boyfriend: Himanshu Sharma
Age: 31 Years
|Full Name||Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1988|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College/Universities||• Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A. in English Literature
• M.A. in Sociology
|Debut||Film: Madholal Keep Walking (2009, English)
Guzaarish (2010, Bollywood)
TV: Samvidhaan: The Making of the Constitution of India (2014, as a Presenter)
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (turned vegetarian in 2016)|
|Address||A 3-BHK apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Doing yoga, Dancing, Cooking, Reading|
|Awards||2012: Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Female for the film 'Tanu Weds Manu'
2014: Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actress for the film 'Raanjhanaa', Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Female for the film 'Raanjhanaa'
2016: Silk Road International Film Festival Award for the Best Actress for the film 'Nil Battey Sannata', Screen Award for the Best Actress- Critics for the film 'Nil Battey Sannata'
|Tattoo(s)||Right back- Lunar phase of "Moon"
Left side of chest- Madhubani folk art representation of "Sun"
|Controversies||• In 2014, there were rumours about the cold war between Kangana Ranaut and her on the sets of 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' (2015).
• In 2017, she revealed that when she was new in Bollywood she was harassed by a director. During an outdoor shoot at a remote area, he used to stalk her, text her, call her, and even asked for a one night stand.
• In December 2017, after the results of the Gujarat assembly election, she congratulated the independent but pro-congress Dalit leader Jignesh Mewani, for which she was trolled on social media as she was allegedly supporting caste politics.
• In 2018, after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali's medieval epic 'Padmaavat', she made severely critical comments on the film through an open letter, especially in regard to women's 'right to live.'
• In June 2018, after the release of her female buddy comedy film 'Veere Di Wedding,' she was widely critised and trolled on the internet for her masturbation scene in the film.
• In November 2019, she faced severe backlash on social media for referring to a four-year-old child actor as "chu**ya" and "kam**na" on the chat show Son Of Abish. While describing her experience during her early days in the film industry, she used foul language for a four-year-old child who had worked with her in an advertisement. News18
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Himanshu Sharma (Writer)
|Parents||Father- Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Columnist, Retired Commodore)
Mother- Ira Bhaskar (Professor of Cinema Studies)
|Siblings||Brother- Ishan Bhaskar (Elder)
|Favourite Food(s)||Guacamole, Dosa, Aloo sabzi, Maggi, Italian cuisine|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Masala tea, Coffee, Kale spinach apple smoothie, Bloody Mary|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project
Hollywood- The Mill on the Floss, The Exorcism of Emily Rose
|Favourite Director(s)||Aanand L. Rai, Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap, Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, Hansal Mehta, Joe Wright, Wong Kar-Wai|
|Favourite TV Show||Last Week Tonight with John Oliver|
|Favourite Play||Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible' directed by Yael Farber|
|Favourite Song||"Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira|
|Favourite Book(s)||Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk, The Illicit Happiness of Other People by Manu Joseph, The Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton, A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot|
|Favourite Restaurant||Dishoom in London|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Italy, Istanbul, Beirut|
|Car Collection||BMW X1
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swara Bhaskar
- Does Swara Bhaskar smoke?: No
- Does Swara Bhaskar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Swara was born into a multicultural family; as her father is a Telugu and mother, a Bihari.
- Her father, Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar, is a Columnist, and a retired Commodore in the Indian Navy, who is counted amongst the preeminent experts and critics in Indian security and strategic affairs.
- Actress Minissha Lamba was her classmate in school.
- Since her college days, she has always been very pro-active about her stands on social issues.
- She has been fond of dancing since the age of 7 and is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer from Guru Leela Samson.
- She started her acting career as a theatre artist in N.K. Sharma’s ‘Act One’ theater group in Delhi.
- In 2008, she shifted to Mumbai to pursue her career in Bollywood, and after a lot of auditions, she got a film called ‘Niyati’ directed by Pravesh Bhardwaj, but it got shelved. Luckily through some connections, she got a role in the English-Indian film ‘Madholal Keep Walking’ (2009), but someone barely saw it.
- She first got noticed in the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ (2011), where she played the role of “Payal”, Kangana Ranaut’s best friend, which was widely appreciated by the critics and public.
- Her breakthrough role came with the film ‘Raanjhanaa’ (2013), where she played the role of Banarasi girl “Bindiya,” who has had a crush on Dhanush‘s character “Kundan” since childhood.
- She has been friends with Sonam Kapoor since the making of ‘Raanjhanaa.’
- In 2015, she went to Pakistan as a guest in a TV comedy show called ‘Mazaaq Raat.’
- Once, she gifted a sturdy, vintage box to Salman Khan to put his paints and brushes.
- She is an avid animal lover and has 3 cats- Kulfi, Utpaati, and Atom. She loves feeding stray cats and dogs.
- Earlier she was a non-vegetarian, but in 2016, she turned vegetarian as she considers it the best detox.
- Her dream is to play Indira Gandhi in her biopic.
References/Sources: [ + ]