|Real Name||Born 'Laila', however, renamed 'Lisa Carprini Sthalekar' by her step-parents|
|Profession||Former Australian Cricketer, Commentator|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 15 February 2003 vs England Women at Brisbane
ODI- 29 June 2001 vs England Women at Derby
T20- 2 September 2005 vs England Women at Taunton
|Coach/Mentor||Wayne Seabrook and Ross Collins|
|Jersey Number||#12 (Australia)|
|Domestic/State Teams||New South Wales Women, Sydney Sixers Women|
|Batting Style||Right-Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• Sthalekar is the first women cricketer to score 1,000 runs and take 100 wickets in ODIs.
• In the 2001-02 Women's National Cricket League (WNCL) season, Sthalekar hit as many as 4 half-centuries. Surprisingly, her season tally of 347 runs was more than her last 4 seasons combined.
• Sthalekar had a brilliant 2006-07 International season. She made 604 runs at a strike rate of 67.12 and scored 40+ runs in 9 of her 12 innings.
• She was named the Australian International Woman Cricketer of the Year for both 2007 and 2008.
• Her leadership skills led her team, New South Wales, to five consecutive WNCL titles. Sthalekar averaged over 40 with the bat.
• With 13 wickets, Sthalekar was the leading wicket-taker at the 2009 Women's World Cup.
|Career Turning Point||She was called up to the Australian squad owing to her consistent performances during the 2000-01 WNCL season.|
|Date of Birth||13 August 1979|
|Age (as in 2016)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|School||Cherrybrook Public School, New South Wales
Cherrybrook Technology High School, New South Wales
|College||Barker College, New South Wales
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Psychology and Religious Studies)|
|Family||Father- Haren Sthalekar (step father)
Mother- Syu Sthalekar (step mother)
Sister- Caprini (step sister, elder)
|Favourite Cricketers||Michael Slater, Adam Gilchrist, Sachin Tendulkar|
|Boys, Affair & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lisa Sthalekar
- Does Lisa Sthalekar smoke: Not Known
- Does Lisa Sthalekar drink alcohol: Yes
- ‘Baby’ Lisa was left at the doorstep of an orphanage in Pune by her biological parents, who supposedly did not wish to raise a girl.
- One fine day, a couple from Michigan, USA came to the same orphanage in order to adopt a baby boy. However, they ended up adopting Lisa (named ‘Laila’ at the orphanage). They soon relocated to Australia and the rest is history.
- Lisa’s stepfather knew that Cricket was no less than a ‘religion’ in India. Hence when Lisa showed interest in taking up sports, his father instantly recommended ‘Cricket’. As a result, the two would often practice the sport in the backyard of their house.
- Lisa is the first woman board member of the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA). Additionally, she is one of the founders of the Women’s International Cricket League (WICL).
- It took her only two test matches to score her maiden century.
- Lisa couldn’t escape the ‘claws’ of depression when she lost her mother to breast cancer. In her autobiography, titled “Shaker: Run Maker, Wicket Taker”, she has written briefly about her struggles with depression post her mother’s demise.