|Madhabi Puri Buch Madhabi Puri - Facebook
|Being the first woman to be appointed as the chairperson of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in 2022
|Physical Stats & More
|In 2008, she was listed among the top 25 most powerful women in Business by Business Today.
|Date of Birth
|12 January 1965 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|• Fort Convent, Mumbai (1971-1976)
• Convent of Jesus and Mary, Delhi (1976-1983)
|• St. Stephen's College, Delhi (1983-1986)
• Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (1986-1988)
|• She pursued a Bachelor’s Degree at St. Stephen's College, Delhi.
• Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad Madhabi Puri Buch - Linkedin
|Relationships & More
|Dhaval Buch (director at Hindustan Unilever Ltd.)
|She has a son.
|Father- Name Not Known (works in corporate sector)
Mother- Name Not Known (works in academic sector)
|She has one sister.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhabi Puri
- Madhabi Puri is an Indian banker who is known for being the first woman to be appointed as the chairperson of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for three years in 2022.
- She holds an experience of almost thirty years of working in the financial sector. Before being appointed as the chairperson of SEBI, she worked as a Whole-Time Member of Sebi from 2017 to 4 October 2021.
- When Madhabi was appointed as the chairman of SEBI, she became the first person to hold the post who had never served as an IAS officer.
- In 1989, she joined ICICI Bank as a Project Finance Analyst and worked there till 1992.
- From 1993 to 1995, she served as a lecturer at the West Cheshire College, United Kingdom.
- In 2006, she became the Executive Director of ICICI Bank. While she was working at ICICI,
she held different positions including the Head of Marketing and Sales, Head of Product Development, Head of Operations, and the Head of Brand Marketing.
- She was the founder-director of Singapore-based Agora Advisory Pvt. Ltd. in 2016.
- In April 2017, before taking charge as a whole-time member at SEBI, she served as the Head of Business Development at Greater Pacific Capital in Singapore, and she also worked as a consultant for New Development Bank in Shanghai.
- She also served as the non-executive director at Zensar Technologies, InnoVen Capital India Pvt. Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd, Max Healthcare and Gabelhorn Investments Pte. Ltd, before joining ICICI bank.
- In an interview, she said that when she was in class twelfth, she was a real nerd with big spectacles and a bookworm.
- In an interview, she revealed that she could not attend the interview for an economics course at St Stephen’s College, Delhi as she suffered from jaundice. Later, she attended the mathematics interview, which was scheduled a few days later, with a drip in one of her hands as she had not fully recovered from jaundice.
- When it comes to Madhabi’s idols from whom she takes inspiration, they are Walt Disney and Kiran Bedi.
- In an interview, she talked about her success mantra and said,
I have a very simple formula and I think that formula really works well everywhere: You just have to deliver. The organisation which you work for has an objective and you have to understand what that purpose is and what your organisation expects from you. And then you just have to go out there and deliver. It’s an unfailing formula. You deliver in one job and people who matter will notice it and praise you for it. And the next opportunity just arises. People are willing to take chance with you; they are willing to risk important assignments to you.”