Age: 68 Years
Wife: Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi
|Full Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1985, he joined BJP.
• In 1988, BJP elected him Organizing Secretary of Party's Gujarat Unit.
• In November 1995, he was elected National Secretary of BJP.
• In May 1998, he became the General Secretary of BJP.
• On 3 October 2001, he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the 1st time and retained the post till 2014.
• He was appointed to BJP Parliamentary Board on 31 March 2013.
• He won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a massive margin of 3,71,784 votes.
• On 26 May 2014, he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of India.
• He won the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a margin of 4,79,505 votes; larger than the previous margin in the 2014 General Elections.
• On 26 May 2019, he took the oath as the 15th Prime Minister of India.
|Awards, Honours||2007: Named the Best Chief Minister in a nationwide survey by India Today
2012: Appeared on the cover of the Asian edition of Time Magazine
2014: Awarded Indian of the Year by CNN-IBN news network; also, Forbes Magazine ranked him the 15th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
2015: Bloomberg Markets Magazine ranked him the 13th-Most-Influential Person in the World; also, named one of Time's "30 Most Influential People on the Internet" as the second-most-followed politician on Twitter and Facebook
2014 & 2016: Declared winner of the Time magazine reader's poll for Person of the Year
2016: On 3rd April, honoured with Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud; the highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia
2016: On 4th June, honoured with State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan; the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan
2014, 2015, and 2017: Named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World
2015, 2016, and 2018: Forbes Magazine ranked him the 9th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
• On 10th February, honoured with Grand Collar of the State of Palestine; the highest civilian honour of Palestine for foreign dignitaries
• On 27th September, awarded the Champions of the Earth Award; the UN’s highest environmental honour, also given to five other individuals and organisations, for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single-use plastic by 2022
• On 24 October, conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth.
• On 22 February, he received the prestigious Seoul Peace Prize for 2018.
• On 4 April, he was conferred with Zayed Medal, UAE’s highest civilian award, for giving “a big boost” to the bilateral relations between both the countries
|Date of Birth||17 September 1950|
|Age (as in 2018)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Vadnagar, Bombay State (Now, Gujarat), India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Gujarat, India|
|School||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|College/University||• Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
• University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
|Educational Qualification(s)||• SSC exam from Gujarat Board in 1967
• BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
• MA in Political Science from Gujarat University in 1983
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi), for more information about his caste, Click Here|
|Blood Group||A (+ve)|
|Address (permanent)||C-1, Someshwar Tenament, Ranip, Ahmedabad-382480, Gujarat|
|Address (official)||7, Lok Kalyan Marg (earlier called 7 Race Course Road), New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Controversies||• The biggest controversy in his career is the 2002 Gujarat Riots in which he has been criticized to mastermind it.
• Teesta Setalvad held him responsible for the murder of her husband in the Gulbarg Society in 2002.
• He was also held responsible for the fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan.
• He has also been criticized regarding his marital status.
• The United States denied visa for his role in the Gujarat Riots.
• He was criticized for tapping the phone-calls of a girl (a student of architecture) in the Snoopgate scandal.
• In 2015, he was criticized for wearing a suit worth ₹10 Lakh with a monogram of his name- Narendra Modi.
• On 10 August 2018, the first time in the history of Indian Parliament, a portion of Prime Minister's comment was deleted from the records of the Rajya Sabha. After the election of Harivansh Narayan Singh as the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, in his speech congratulating Harivansh, PM Modi said the election was between "two Haris." He went on to take a swipe at Mr. Hariprasad (opposition's candidate), playing with his initials.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1968|
|Wife/Spouse||Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi
|Parents||Father- Late Damodardas Mulchand Modi
|Siblings||Brothers- Soma (75 Years)- Retired Officer of Health Department,
Amrut Modi (72)- A Lathe Machine Operator,
Prahlad (62)- Runs a Shop in Ahmedabad,
Pankaj (57)- Clerk in the Information Department in Gandhinagar
Sister- Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
|Favourite Politician(s)||Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Leader(s)||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Favourite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favourite Song(s)||• "Jyoti Kalash Chhalke" from the film Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961)
• "O Pawan Veg Se Udne Wale Ghode" from the film Jai Chitod (1961)
|Car Collection||He doesn't have any car registered to his name|
|Assets/Properties||Moveable (worth Rs 1.41 crore)
Bank Balance- Rs 4,143 in SBI's Gandhinagar NSCH Branch
Fixed Deposits and MOD (Multi Option Deposit Scheme)- worth ₹1,07,96,288 at the same branch
Infrastructure Bond Deposits (tax saving)- worth ₹20,000; dated 25 January 2012
National Saving Certificate (Post)- Rs 7.61 lakh
Life Insurance (LIC) Policy- Rs 1.9 lakh
Jewellery- four pieces of gold rings, weighing approximately 45 grams worth Rs 1.13 lakh; as in March 2019
Immovable (worth Rs 1.1 crore)
A 3,531 sq ft plot in Sector-1, Gandhinagar worth Rs 1.1 crore (as in April 2019)
|Salary (as the Prime Minister of India)||₹160,000/ Month + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 2.5 crore (as in April 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Narendra Modi
- Does Narendra Modi Smoke?: No
- Does Narendra Modi Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was born into a family of an oil-pressing community, which is considered as the Other Backward Class (OBC) in India.
- In his childhood, Modi wanted to join the Indian Army and tried to get himself enrolled in a Sainik School, but due to financial constraints, he couldn’t get admission in the Sainik School.
- At the age of 17, he left his house and travelled to different parts of India.
- Young Narendra Modi often lent his hands to his father’s tea-stall at the Vadnagar Railway Station.
- When he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), he was assigned to mop the floor at the RSS Headquarter in Ahmedabad.
- Narendra Modi was engaged to Jashodaben at a very young age.
- He doesn’t share his official residence with any of his family members.
- He undertook a 3-month course in the United States on Image Management and Public Relations.
- He is a great follower of Swami Vivekananda.
- After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader in the world on Twitter (more than 12 million followers).
- He wears crease-less attires mostly.
- He never took even a single day holiday during his 13-year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi is considered as the most techno-savvy leader of India as he is very active on various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Narendra Modi and former United States President Barack Obama are very good friends.
- On 26 May 2014, he became the first ever Prime Minister of India to be born in independent India.
- He always puts his signature in Hindi, whether it is a casual occasion or an official document.
- On 28 September 2014, he received a full-house reception at the Madison Square Garden in New York.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and has incorporated Yoga in his daily routine. He is also credited to bring Yoga to the international level by getting it recognized as International Yoga Day by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2015. Since then, every year, 21 June is celebrated as International Yoga Day, worldwide.
- Narendra Modi is considered as one of the most popular leaders in India who has strong connections with the general public. He is often seen breaking the protocol to meet & greet the public.
- In 2016, London’s Madame Tussaud Wax Museum unveiled a wax statue of Modi.
- On 8 November 2016, in the most surprising move in the administrative history of India, he announced to demonetize the Rs. 500 & 1000 currency notes (the two biggest currencies in India at that time).
- Narendra Modi has an author & poet within; he has written a few books, mainly in Gujarati, including Sangharshma Gujarat (1978) and Jyotipunj (2008).
- On 23 May 2019, after the results of the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he became the only leader of BJP to lead the party register more than 300 seats in the history of Lok Sabha Elections.
- Here’s an interesting video about Narendra Modi’s biography:
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)