Age: 61 Years
Caste: Baniya (Vaishya)
Wife: Dr. Amita Birla
|Famous For||Being the 17th Speaker of the Lok Sabha|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (Semi Bald)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• 1987: District President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM)
• 1991: State President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha
• 1997: National Vice President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha
• 2003: Elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Kota South
• 2008: Re-elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Kota South
• 2013: Re-elected to the Assembly for the third time having defeated Pankaj Mehta of the Indian National Congress
• 2014: Elected to the 16th Lok Sabha from Kota South constituency
• 2019: Re-elected to the 17th Lok Sabha from the same constituency and served as the 17th speaker of the Parliament
|Date of Birth||23 November 1962|
|Age (as of 2023)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|College/University||• Govt. Commerce College, Kota, Rajasthan, India
• Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan
|Educational Qualification||Master degree in Commerce|
|Address||Permanent- 80-B, Dusshera Scheme, Shakti Nagar, Kota, Rajasthan - 324009
Present- Bungalow No.14, Windsor Place, New Delhi - 110001
|Hobbies||Watching cricket, listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Dr. Amita Birla|
• Akansha (elder; chartered accountant)
• Anjali (younger; civil servant - she passed the UPSC examination in her first attempt in 2019)
|Parents||Father- Shrikrishna Birla
Mother- Shakuntala Devi
|Politician(s)||Narendra Modi, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Cars Collection||Maruti Wagon R, Maruti Ritz, Optra|
|Assets/Properties||Agricultural Lands- Rs. 47 Lakh (approx.)
Deposits in Banks and Financial Institution- Rs. 20 Lakh (approx.)
Bonds, Debentures, and Shares in Companies- Rs. 16 Lakh (approx.)
Jewellery- Rs. 7 Lakh (approx.)
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1,25,000/month + other allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 4.83 crores (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Om Birla
- Birla has been active in politics since his childhood. He has also served as a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- He has also served as the vice-chairman of the National Co-operative Consumer Federation Limited.
- Birla has served as the chairman of CONFED, Jaipur from June 1992 to June 1995.
- During his first term as a Member of Parliament, he was a member of the Standing Committee on Energy and a member of Committee on petitions and Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Apart from being a politician, he is also a philanthropic person. He has started several welfare programs. He started a program, Paridhan, which started in 2012 and aims to distribute clothes and books for the weaker section of the society. He has also started some blood donation programs. Apart from it, Birla also initiated a free meal program and medicine bank to provide medicine free of cost for the poor.
- In the 2014 General Elections, he defeated Ijyaraj Singh of the Indian National Congress who belonged to the Royal family of Kota.
- On 19 June 2019, he became the 17th speaker of the Lok Sabha.
- Here’s an interesting video about Om Birla’s biography: