|Other name||Madhushree Sapre World Beauty Pageant Updations|
|Profession||Model and Actress|
|Famous For||Winning Femina Miss India Universe in 1992 and being the 2nd Runner Up in Miss Universe 1992|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 5.8 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34 28 34|
|Major competitions||• Femina Miss India Universe 1992 (Winner)
• Miss Universe 1992 (2nd Runner-Up)
|Debut Movie||Boom in 2003 as Anu Gaekwad
|Television||• Someday (Short Story) in 2003
• Captain Vyom in 1998
• Aap Jaisa Koi Mere Zindagi (Short Story) in 1997
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Femina Miss India Universe in 1992 (Winner)
• Miss Universe 1992 (2nd Runner Up)
|Date of Birth||14 July 1971|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Madhu Sapre studied at Parle College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Rediff|
|Controversy||In 1995, Madhu Sapra attracted controversy when she posed nude with a male supermodel from her epoch, Milind Soman. She posed nude for the printed form of ad for Tuff Shoes. In August 1995, a social service organisation related to Mumbai police filed a suit against her in the Mumbai High Court. In the picture, they wore only shoes and a python was wrapped around them. The Wildlife Protection Act also filed a case against the advertisement organisation for the illegal use of the silent animal. This advertisement agency, along with the two models, the photographers, the publishers and distributors of two magazines, were accused of featuring the controversial ad. However, after 14 years, the courts acquitted the accused. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||October 2001|
|Husband(s)||Gian Maria (Italian businessman)
|Children||Daughter- Indira Emendatori
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhu Sapre
- Madhu Sapre is a renowned Indian supermodel from Maharashtra, India, who won the Femina Miss India pageant in 1992. In the same year, she was the second runner up of the Miss Universe.
- Sapre began modelling in her teens and represented India at the Miss Universe pageant in 1992. She was the second runner up in the Miss Universe pageant. In the 1990s, she was an athlete and a national level champion.
- Reportedly, Madhu Sapre was a gold medallist when she was an athlete in field and track events. She considered entering the Miss India competition just for fun but eventually won the title, the Miss Universe pageant in 1992. Madhu was in the athletic team at St Dominic Savio Athletic Club, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Rediff
- Madhu Sapre’s interview on stage while winning the Miss India pageant in 1992.
- Reportedly, Madhu Sapre lives along with her husband, Italian businessman Gian Maria Emendatori in Riccione, Italy. Spare and Emendatori met each other through a mutual friend when Emendatori was in India on a vacation.
- In 1997, in an interview, Madhu explained to the question asked by her during the Miss Universe competition while on the stage that what she would do if she was the prime minister of her country, and she then replied that she would build a sports complex. Madhu recalled the answer and said,
All the officials had told us that our answers had to be truthful and coming from the heart. Nobody told us we had to be politically correct. I said what my heart told me and I lost. According to me, India has been in poverty for many years, so it was not going to suddenly change in one year by my becoming the prime minister. But there are other areas like art and sports in which we can improve. And being a sports girl I had suffered because we don’t have the equipment and the grounds in India. In the brief time you get to answer I wanted to say all this but perhaps because of my inadequacy in English, I could not express myself.”
- Madhu Sapre is an animal lover. She often posts pictures of her pet dog on her social media account.
- Various renowned Indian magazines, news articles or tabloids often feature Madhu Sapre on their cover pages.
- In an interview in 2007, Sapre’s college mate, Suchet Bal, said in an interview that Madhu was a very down to earth personality and a humble being even though she was the most beautiful girl in the college. Suchet Bal reminded an incident about Madhu Sapre and said,
She was seen at a party by photographer Shantanu Sheorey (actress Kimi Katkar’s husband) and offered an audition for a photo shoot. But Madhu forgot about it and Sheorey’s assistant had to pick her up from the athletic track and take her to the studio. There were around 50 beautiful models, with full makeup on, and they were surprised to see Madhu dressed up in a tracksuit.”
He further added that Madhu lost the Miss Universe crown as she wished to open an athletic sports stadium in India while answering the question of the host on the stage as other contestants won the title as they talked about the poor and poverty in India.
At the Miss Universe contest, Madhu has crowned Miss Universe in the trial round but she lost the crown in the finals because she spoke what was in her heart — that if she became the leader of her country, she would like to build the biggest stadium in the world, as India needed that. The other two contestants talked about the poor, and won.”
- After watching an Indian movie, Lunchbox, Madhu said in an interview, in 2016, that she started crying and missed those days when she was in Andheri, Mumbai. She further added that she would eat vada pao and pani puri (Indian dishes) when she would visit India in future. She stated,
The dabbawallas and the train rides… I was raised in Andheri and travelled in trains, ate street food. I miss all that. It is squeaky clean here, but when I visit Bombay, I make it a point to go eat vada pao and pani puri.”
- In an interview, in 2018, Madhu expressed her desire to work in independent cinema through a video interview.
- In 2018, in an interview, Madhu stated on her controversy over nude advertisement with Milind Soman that if Indian cinema would not let her expose, then you were nowhere. She explained her statement in a video interview and said,
I was shocked and I found it very funny because I didn’t expect it at least from the film industry. After all, the film is such a field or you can say a career where unless and until you don’t expose you are nowhere. You could be a good actress but you must have seen there are so many girls who are trying to change their image to get that sexy and very wanted look. Otherwise, they know they have the talent but they don’t get noticed so I don’t know what they are talking about.”
- During her modelling career, Madhu Sapre gave various shots which were famous too.
- Madhu lost the crown to Miss Namibia, in Miss Universe 1992, and she candidly spoke that she lost due to her inadequacy in spoken English language.
- In an interview, Madhu said that her father was a coach, and he used to wake her up in the morning with a bucket of water as he was very strict with sports. She further added that she was an athlete first and faced sports opportunities seriously.