Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 28 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Debut||Web series: Class (2023) as 'Saba Manzoor'
|Date of Birth||28 October 1994 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 Years|
|Educational Qualification||She studied History in college. The Times of India|
• On her waist: A bow and an arrow
• On her right hand's wrist: ‘Unfold your own myth’
• On her left arm: Vintage monogram design
• On her left hand’s middle finger: Three rings
• On her left foot: A vintage star tattoo
She has got her nose pierced on both sides.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Sujata Segal (Actress)
|Other Relatives||Great-grandmother- Zohra Sehgal (actress and dancer) (died of old age on 10 July 2014) The Indian Express
Grandmother- Kiran Segal (dancer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhyama Segal
- Madhyama Segal is an Indian actress and Indian classical dancer, who is known for working in Netflix’s crime drama TV series ‘Class’ released in 2023. It is a Hindi remake of the Spanish drama series ‘Elite’ released in 2018.
- In childhood, she used to take part in theatre plays. She participated in a Ramleela stage play with her mother and grandmother in which she played the role of a monkey (Vanar Sena).
- She is a professionally trained dancer. Kiran Segal, her maternal grandmother trained her in the Indian classical dance form Odissi for many years. She has performed Odissi at many events in India including Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Rabindra Pranati Festival, the Khajuraho dance festival, and the Konark Dance Festival. She has also performed in China and Singapore.
- In 2014, in memory of Zohra Segal, India International Centre (IIC) and Pallavi Odissi Nritya Sangeet Vidyalaya run by her maternal grandmother, Kiran Segal, collaborated together and organised an event in which Madhyama Segal presented a brief Odissi recital, which was conducted by Kiran Segal.
- She is a member of Allstars Studio. In 2019, she organised a collaboration workshop at Allstar Studio.
- In 2020, she appeared in a music video of the song ‘Paayal’ by rapper VOID in which she performed many dance forms.
- She also practices contemporary dance forms and organises dance classes and workshops for beginners. In 2021, she began contemporary dance classes for beginners on weekends.
- Her great-grandmother, Zohra Sehgal, was a veteran actress, who had worked in the Hindi and English film industries. She was a Padma Shri (1998) and Padma Vibhushan (2010) recipient. She had worked in many Hindi films including ‘Dharti Ke Lal’ (1946), ‘Heer’ (1956), ‘Dil Se..’ (1998), and ‘Veer-Zaara’ (2004). She also worked in several English films including ‘The Long Duel’ (1967), ‘The Vengeance of She’ (1968), and ‘Caravaggio’ (1986).
- Sujata Segal gave birth to Madhyama Segal when she was 21 years old. Later, Sujata left her husband and came to live with her mother in Delhi. Later, she got married again and moved from Delhi to Chennai. Later, she got separated from her husband and moved from Chennai to Mumbai to pursue acting. The Times of India She has worked in many Hindi films including ‘Yuva’ (2004), ‘Black Friday’ (2004), ‘Nazar’ (2005), ‘Heroine’ (2012), and ‘Namaste Wahala’ (2020).
- She consumes alcohol occasionally.