|Famous For||Being touted as the next Nazia Hassan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green Blue|
|Debut||Single 'Nazar' (2013)|
|Date of Birth||Year 1988|
|Age (as in 2018)||30 Years|
|College/University||Monash University, Melbourne Australia|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Business & Commerce in Finance & Macroeconomics/Management from Monash University, Melbourne Australia
• Diploma of Business Administration at Monash University, Melbourne Australia
|Hobbies||Shopping, Dancing, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 February 2016
|Parents||Father- Ali Asghar Raza (a civil engineer of Kashmiri descent)
Mother- Fatima Ali Asghar
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
|Favourite Food(s)||Hot Pot, Salads, Chocolates|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Kashmir, Hunza Valley in Pakistan|
|Favourite Dance Form||Kathak|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Audrey Hepburn|
|Favourite Song(s)||• 'Imagine' by John Lennon
• ‘Gulon mai rang bhare’ by late Mehdi Hasan
|Favourite Singer(s)||John Lennon, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin|
|Favourite Dancer||Sheema Kermani|
|Favourite Quote||"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."- Elbert Hubbard|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maha Ali Kazmi
- Does Maha Ali Kazmi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Maha Ali Kazmi drink alcohol?: Yes
- She was born into an opulent family in Karachi and spent her childhood and early adult life there.
- She is the great-granddaughter of Nawab Wajid Ali Shah (from her mother’s side), the tenth and last Nawab of Awadh.
- Maha Ali’s ancestral home is in the Indian Kashmir.
- Her father, Ali Asghar Raza, is an ethnic Kashmiri from Srinagar who migrated to Pakistan in 1964.
- Maha Ali Kazmi was inspired to become a singer from a very early age; having been brought up on a steady diet of classical music such as Antonio Vivaldi, Beethoven as well as other bands from the 60s and 70s.
- She started writing songs at the age of 16 and joined her very first underground band in Karachi.
- It was Maha Ali’s father, a music lover, who exposed her to a wide collection of music; ranging from Dire Straits to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Lata Mangeshkar.
- After her schooling, she moved to Melbourne for higher studies where she attended Monash University.
- While in Melbourne, Maha Ali worked with professional musicians as part of a church choir.
- After completing her studies in Melbourne, she returned to Karachi where she auditioned for Cornetto Music Icons.
- Thereafter, she was selected as a backup vocalist for a show which was aired on ARY Digital where she got an opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest names in the music industry in Pakistan, namely Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Strings, Ali Azmat, Aamir Zaki, etc.
- In 2013, she released her first single “Nazar,” produced by OVERLOAD Band. The song became so popular, both in Pakistan and India, that Maha Ali Kazmi became a household name.
- In an interview, her mother revealed that Maha Ali doesn’t want to learn how to cook.
- Maha Ali loves to dance, and she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- Maha Ali Kazmi is a shopaholic and doesn’t believe in saving; rather she spends all her money.
- She is very close to her mother and while talking about her mother, Kazmi said-
She’s my biggest fan and harshest critique. She’s the first person whose advice I seek for all music matters, and the first person to get to listen to the songs I write.”
- Maha Ali Kazmi is a passionate cat lover.
- On various Islamic extremist organizations who oppose the entry of girls in the music industry, Maha Ali says-
It was understandable why the girls quit in the face of death threats issued by the orthodox and conservative elements. But if ever I am in such a situation, I will not back down because if Malala Yousafzai could stand up for her rights, so can I.”