Some Lesser Known Facts About Shahu Tushar Mane
- Shahu Tushar Mane is an Indian sports shooter. In 2022, he made headlines after winning gold in the mixed doubles of the ISSF Shooting World Cup held in Korea.
- Shahu Mane began his shooting career in 2015 when he was 13 years old.
- In 2015, Shahu Mane participated in the Zonal Shooting Tournament Zonal Shooting Tournament, held in Kolhapur. He won the tournament and was awarded a trophy for it.
- In 2016, Shahu Mane participated in a state-level shooting competition named Maharashtra Air Weapon Competition in which he secured a total of three gold medals.
- In the same year, Shahu Mane participated in the 62nd School National Games in Hyderabad and School State Games in Mumbai.
- In 2017, Shahu Mane participated in the 10th Asian Airgun Championship in Japan. In the competition, he won two medals.
- In 2017, Shahu Mane participated in two shooting competitions named Prabhakar Desai Shooting Competition and Maharashtra Shooting Sports Competition. The competitions were held in Mumbai.
- In the same year, Shahu Mane participated in the 61st National Shooting Sports Competition, which was held in Trivandrum.
- In April 2018, Shahu Mane won a gold medal in the Lakshya Cup Shooting Competition and Khelo India Youth Games.
- In 2018, Shahu Mane took part in the Hubballi Open Shooting Championship in West Bengal, where he secured three medals.
- In 2018, Shahu Mane participated in his second international competition. In Bueno Aires, he participated in the Youth Olympics Games in which he was awarded a silver medal. In an interview, he claimed that he was unhappy with the silver medal as he had trained hard for a gold medal. In an interview, he stated,
The crowd was overzealous, and as a result of which I got distracted. I did try my best to retain my focus, but the cheering crown got a better part of my attention. I am not at all happy with a silver medal. I had hoped to bag a gold because I had prepared for it for a long time.”
- In 2018, after winning a silver medal for India during the Youth Olympic Games, Shahu Mane met the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, who congratulated him on his win.
- In 2019, Shahu Mane won a gold medal in the 10-metre Men’s Junior Air Rifle event during the International Shooting Competition, held in Hannover, Germany.
- In 2021, Shahu Mane participated in the Sheikh Russel International Shooting Championship in Bangladesh. In the competition, he was awarded a silver medal for his performance in the air rifle event.
- In the same year, Shahu Mane participated in the University Shooting Championship in Delhi, where he represented the state of Maharashtra along with his team.
- Shahu Mane, in 2022, participated in the 55th All India Interrailways Shooting Championship in Pune.
- On 13 July 2022, in the ISSF Shooting World Cup, Shahu Mane and Mehuli Ghosh won a gold medal for India in the mixed doubles 10-meter air rifle event. The duo defeated the Hungarian team by 17-13.
- In an interview, Shahu Mane once claimed that he wanted to pursue football as a career but was not supported in his decision by his family. Shahu told the media,
I wanted to pursue football as a professional sport. I am still a die hard fan of the sport. But my parents did not support me as they believed that the sport had no scope in India. So I decided to take up shooting, as a career.”
- Shahu Mane, in an interview, said that he had taken up shooting only as a hobby, and he had no intentions of pursuing a career in it. He, he talked about this and said,
My coach identified me as a good shot and asked me to pursue it further. What started as a simple hobby was never fathomed to be something I would so passionately seek in the years to come. I have always been passionate about Sports and I love how shooting gave me a sense of belongingness, apart from bringing out the fun of the competition, which I cherish a lot.”
- In an interview, Shahu Mane said that he idolized Abhinav Bindra, and he took up shooting as a professional sport after being motivated by him.