Mahimananda Mishra (Businessman) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Minati Mishra
Age: 69 Years
Hometown: Cuttack, Odisha
|Famous for||Being the owner of OSL Group|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Awards||• Best Entrepreneurship Award presented by Shri Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha
• Business Leader of the Year Award, 2010 presented by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha for his remarkable achievement of developing Gopalpur Port into a World-Class Port
|Date of Birth||7 May 1953 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||69 Years|
|College/University||Christ College, Cuttack|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Arts, LLB|
|Address||Oriya Bazar, Cuttack - 753001|
|Hobbies||Photography, Gardening, Plantation|
|Controversies||• Arrested in a murder case: In November 2016, Mishra was arrested for conspiring to murder Mahendra Swain, executive of Seaways Shipping and Logistics Limited. Mahenrda was shot dead by hired killers on the morning of 26 October 2016, while he was on his way to his office in Paradip. In May 2017, the Orissa High Court granted him bail; however, in September 2018, set aside the high court order and ordered that he should be taken into custody. In November 2019, Mishra was eventually granted bail in the case by the high court. Hindustan Times
• CBI Raids: On 4 August 2022, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raided Mahima Mishra's office in connection with a Rs 25 lakh bribe allegedly paid by a contractor to a senior official of Paradip Port Authority. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Chandan Mishra
Son- Charchit Mishra
|Parents||Father- Late Rabindra Nath Mishra
Mother- Late Urmila Mishra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahimananda Mishra
- He was the President of the Students’ Union in the year 1971-72, and he also served as the president of the Students’ Union of MS Law College in Odisha from 1974-75.
- Instead of going for a secured government job, he decided to be an entrepreneur.
- Initially, Sri Mishra was into the business of supplying laborers to the stevedores. With time, he realized the potential in stevedoring and, he got his first break in 1979 when he successfully completed the shipment of care foods for shipping American president line, creating new records in this field. This was hugely acclaimed in the state and in an American journal.
- Apart from handling cargo and stevedoring, Mishra also forayed into other port-related activities including chartering of vessels, intra-port transportation, freight forwarding, supplying and manning of marine crafts, owing and operating of ports and terminals, bunkering operations, lighterage operations, warehousing, inland waterways transportation, steamer agency and customs house agency, in-plant operations, riverine cargo operations, equipment ownership and operations, end to end logistics solutions and mining.
- He also has a presence in the field of hospitality, education, automobile retailing, and dealership.
- Mahimananda Mishra is the sole authorized wholesale distributor and stockist for several leading FMCG products and leading MNCs in the state of Odisha. Among the many other avenues, the OSL group has a presence in Oil and Gas explorations and allied services, manning at various mega plants, FTWZ, Tank Farm, and Luxury merchandise retailing.
|↑1, ↑2||Hindustan Times|