|Real Name||Major Nitin Leetul Gogoi|
|Profession||Army Personnel (Indian Army)|
|Branch||53 Rashtriya Rifles|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black (Semi Bald)|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Namrup, Dibrugarh, Assam|
|Hometown||Namrup, Dibrugarh, Assam|
|College||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun|
|Family||Father- Dharmeswar Gogoi (Rtd. from Brahmaputra Valley fertiliser Corporation)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga and workouts, Horse Riding|
|Controversies||• In April 2017, J & K Police lodged an F.I.R. against Leetul Gogoi for using a Local Kashmiri, identified as Farooq Ahmad Dar, as a human shield tied to the bonnet of an Indian Army Jeep in Badgam of Jammu and Kashmir. After a lot of clamors, the Indian Army constituted a court of inquiry against him.
• On 23 May 2018, at around 11 am, Gogoi, his driver Sameer, and a 19-year-old Kashmiri woman were picked up from the Grand Mamta Hotel in the Dalgate area of Srinagar, after few people around objected the presence of an Army officer with a young woman in a hotel.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Major Leetul Gogoi
- Does Major Leetul Gogoi smoke:? Not Known
- Does Major Leetul Gogoi drink alcohol:? Not Known
- At the age of 18, he joined the Indian Army as a Jawan (Sepoy) in the 3rd Battalion of Assam Regiment.
- After 9 years of his service as a Jawan (Sepoy) in the 3rd Battalion of Assam Regiment, Gogoi attended the Army Cadet College (ACC) in Dehradun to become an officer in the Indian Army.
- In December 2008, he was commissioned as a Lieutenant.
- In April 2017, he used a local Kashmiri as a human shield to avoid the stone pelting on the Army convoy. The incident was highly criticized by some media houses and human rights NGOs. However, the Indian Army praised his tactics.
- On 22 May 2017, he was awarded COAS Commendation Card for his sustained efforts in counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir.
- On 23 May 2017, he explained to media the reason behind his action of using a local person as a human shield .
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡