|Real Name||Muhammad Kutty Ismail Paniparambil|
|Nickname||Mammootty, Big M and Mammukka|
|Profession||Actor and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 188 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 36 Inches
- Biceps: 14Inches
|Eye Colour||Ligh Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 September 1951|
|Age (as in 2017)||66 Years|
|Birth Place||Chandiroor, Alappuzha, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Chempu, Kottayam, Kerala, India|
|School|| Govt. High School, Kulasekharamangalam, Kottayam
St. Albert's School and Government School, Ernakulam
|College||Sacred Heart College, Thevara
Government Law College, Ernakulam
|Debut||Film Debut: Anubhavangal Paalichakal (1971)|
|Family||Father- Ismail Panaparambil (Farmer)
Mother- Fatima Panaparambil
Sister- Ameena, Sauda and Shafina (All Younger)
Brother- Ibrahim and Zakariah (Both Younger)
|Controversies||• In a TV award function he was the chief guest, and when was called upon stage to give the award, he said "Has everyone got an award today? On what basis is this award being given? It is to make everyone happy, right?."
• Once director Ram Gopal Varma commented about him that Mammootty's acting is less realistic than his son Dulquer Salmaan.
|Favourite Food||Chicken biryani|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Lakshmi Rai|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Daughters- Kutty Surumi
Son- Dulquer Salmaan (Actor)
|Salary||3 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some lesser known facts about Mammootty
- Does Mammootty smoke?: No
- Does Mammootty drink alcohol?: No
- Mammootty is considered as the busiest actor in Mollywood (Malayalam film industry) for more than 4 decades as he acted in more than 330 films.
- He actually wanted to be a lawyer and even practiced it for 2 years at Manjeri Court. But after it he got a role among the crowd in the film Anubhavangal Paalichakal, he got the acting bug.
- Apart from Malayalam, he did films in other languages such as Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, English and Kannada.
- In 1998, he was honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri Award.
- He also has received National Film Award thrice.
- There was a period in late 70s when he was looking for a big hit. In 1981 he used his official name as Sajin for a film to bring good luck.
- In 2000, he played the role of B. R. Ambedkar in an English film Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, but initially he was reluctant to do this role as he did’t want to remove his moustache.
- Once McAfee, an American computer security software company listed him as the Most Dangerous Celebrity as his searches can end with a virus on computer as cyber criminals were targeting him.
- He loves writing and wrote a book called Kaazhchappadu (perspective). He also used to write a weekly column in Malayalam Manorama on his experiences.
- He has played double roles in more than 15 films.
- He is the brand ambassador of Kerala Volleyball League, and he even used to play it in his younger days.
- He is very active in charity works and supports Street India Movement, Pain and Palliative Care Society, etc.
- He has a distribution company called Mammootty Technotainment.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography