|Full name||V. Jayaprakash|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Debut||• Film: Tamil film 'Mayakannadi' (2007)
• Producer: Tamil film 'Gopala Gopala' (1996)
• Dubbing Artist: Akshay Kumar in 2.0 (Tamil)
|Awards||• In 2010, he won the Jury Award for Best Supporting Actor for the movie 'Pasanga' (2009)
• In 2010, he became the winner of Filmfare Award - Tamil Film Industry for Best Supporting Actor for the movie 'Pasanga' (2009)
• In 2011, he won the Merit Award for Best Character (Male) for the movie 'Naan Mahaan Alla' (2010)
• In 2021, he was nominated for Festival Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Foreign Language Film for the movie 'Magamuni' (2019)
|Date of Birth||14 June 1962 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||59 Years|
|Birthplace||Sirkazhi, Tamil Nadu|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||26 September|
• Udith Dushyanth Jayaprakash (Actor)
• Niranjan Jayaprakash (Actor)
|Actor||Samarla Venkata Ranga Rao|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jayaprakash
- V. Jayaprakash is an Indian actor and producer. He is popular for appearing in Tamil and Telugu movies. Although he works in Tamil and Telugu films, he is a Maharashtrian by birth and speaks Marathi at home. The Times of India
- He is known for his role as Chokkalingam (school teacher) in the Tamil movie ‘Pasanga’ (2009).
- Before starting his acting career in 2007 at the age of 45, he worked in fields like dairy farming, petrol business, transport and billiards parlour. He also used to produce films before becoming an actor. The Hindu
- Jayaprakash owns a production house, GJ Cinema. He produced many films under this banner including Chellamae (2004), April Maadhathil (2002), Thavasi (2001), and many more.
- After this, he did supporting roles in Tamil movies like Naadodigal (2009), Naan Mahaan Alla (2010), Yuddham Sei (2011), Mankatha (2011), Moodar Koodam (2013) and Pannaiyarum Padminiyum (2014), Kanchana 2 (2015), Shivalinga (2017), Jai Bhim (2021).
- He was also featured in Telugu movies like Sarrainodu (2016), A Aa (2017), Spyder (2017), Jersey (2019), Republic (2021) and many more.
- He was not interested in acting but director Cheran who directed the film Mayakannadi in 2007, that featured Jayaprakash, forced him to take up acting. Jayaprakash said that he was surprised to see his acting in his debut film.
- In an interview, Jayaprakash revealed that he was fascinated with cars, and he used to clean his car when the driver didn’t come. The Hindu
- Jayaprakash said in an interview that he gave more importance to the script than the cheque book. The Hindu
- In an interview, he talked about what he likes about being an actor. He said,
The best thing about being an actor is the access to so many people, so many young teams, so many creative minds.”
- Jayaprakash said in an interview that he was mostly offered father`s role in movies, and he did not feel good about this. He also said that he was envious of Nawazuddin Siddiqui because of the roles he played. The Hindu
- In an interview, he talked about the roles he had played in films. He said,
I just asked a director the same question a few days ago. He said Neenga romba sevapa irukirenga (You’re too fair-skinned) to play a ‘local’ role. I told him that I would take the effort to become a few shades darker: after all, there’s a lot of effort that goes into making a dark guy fair.”
- In an interview, he said that he liked acting more than producing. He also said that he had to face some losses as a producer. The Times of India He said,
Acting is easier; you are pampered throughout. From getting picked up to being fed, film sets are comfortable for an actor. But if you enjoy being challenged, then being a producer is better.”
- The Tamil industry believed that Jayaprakash would be the next Prakash Raj. The Times of India