Hometown: Devsar, Bhiwani
Age: 25 Years
Height: 5' 8"
|Full Name||Subedar Manish Kaushik SportsKeeda|
|Famous for||Representing India at the Tokyo Olympics 2020
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Medal(s)||• Silver in Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast 2018 (Lightweight)
• Bronze in World Championships in Yekaterinburg 2019 (Light-welterweight)
• Gold in BOXAM International Boxing Tournament 2021
|Date of Birth||11 January 1996 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Devsar, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Devsar, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|School||• He did his primary schooling from Devsar village.
• For secondary education, Manish attended a school in Bhiwani.
|College/University||Government College of Education, Bhiwani|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate SportsKeeda|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Somdutt Sharma (farmer)
Mother- Devaki Devi (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Vipin Kaushik (works at Bhiwani Welfare Department)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manish Kaushik
- Manish Kaushik is an Indian pugilist. He is one of the nine boxers who would represent India at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- He grew up in a financially weak family in Devsar, Bhiwani. In order to give a better life to his family, Manish decided to step into boxing when he was still a teenager.
- His parents wanted him to focus on his studies, therefore, he used to wake up at 4 a.m. and practice boxing, maintaining a balance between his studies and boxing.
- He started professional boxing in 2008.
- Manish won a gold medal in the 32 Kg weight category in the Kayo National Cup, Thane, in 2009.
- He then participated in the Doha International Boxing Tournament in 2015 and again bagged a gold medal.
- In 2018, he won a gold medal in the Asian Game Test Event held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Subsequently, he took part in the Commonwealth Games and managed to win a silver medal (2018).
- In 2019, Manish won a bronze medal in the AIBA International Boxing Tournament.
- In 2021, he became a gold medalist in the BOXAM International Boxing Tournament after defeating a Denmark’s boxer.
- In addition to boxing, he is also a Joint Commissioned Officer (JCO) at the Indian Army (as of 2021).
- He helps his parents on the field whenever he is free.
- He lives in the village Devsar of Bhiwani with his joint family which consists of his parents, siblings, 2 uncles, 2 aunts, and cousins.
- When Manish began boxing, his father was not happy with it. However, after looking at his passion for boxing, he started supporting Manish.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym daily.
- To maintain a physical and mental balance in his life, Manish practices Yoga every day.
- Manish was placed at World rank 5 in boxing in 2019.
- In 2021, during one of the episodes of Mann Ki Baat, PM Narendra Modi praised Manish for his boxing talent.
- Manish is not the first person from his family to make a career in sports. His Paternal uncle was also a national-level athlete at some time.
- He has a deep faith in Lord Hanuman.
- Manish is a recipient of the Arjuna Award, for his immense contribution to boxing. He received the award in 2020.