|Real Name||Manuel Antonio Noriega Moreno|
|Profession||Politician and Military Officer|
|Branch||Panamanian Defense Forces|
|Wars/Battles||Invasion of Panama (Operation Acid Gambit)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 February 1934|
|Place of Birth||Panama City, Republic of Panama|
|Date of Death||29 May 2017|
|Place of Death||Panama City, Republic of Panama|
|Death Cause||Brain Hemorrhage|
|Age (as on 29 May 2017)||83 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Panama City, Republic of Panama|
|School||Military School of Chorrillos in Lima, Peru|
|College/University||School of the Americas at the U.S. Army's Fort Gulick in the Panama Canal Zone, Republic of Panama
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
|Educational Qualifications||Received intelligence and counterintelligence training at the School of the Americas, Panama Canal Zone, the Republic of Panama in 1967
A course in Psychological Operations (Psyops) at Fort Bragg, North Carolina
|Family||Father- Ricaurte Noriega (accountant)
Mother- Maria Feliz Morena
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• On 12 June 1986, Seymour Hersh exposed Noriega through New York Times accusing him of murder, money laundering, and drug trafficking.
• On 4 February 1989, the United States indicted Noriega on charges of laundering drug money, racketeering, and drug smuggling.
• On 9 April 1992, he was convicted on 8 counts of drug smuggling and racketeering.
• On 10 July 1992, Noriega was sentenced to 40 years in prison.
• On 6 September 1993, he was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in prison for the murder of Dr. Hugo Spadafora.
• In March 1994, he was convicted, in absentia, for the murder of Major Moises Giroldi. He was later sentenced to 20 years in prison.
• In 1999, Paris Court convicted him for buying property in France with $2.8 million (laundered in drug money)
• On 7 July 2010, a French Court found Noriega guilty of money laundering and sentenced him 7 years in prison.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Felicidad Sieiro (late 1960s - 2017)|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughters- Sandra, Thays, Lorena
|Net Worth (approx.)||$300 Million (as in 1990)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manuel Noriega
- Did Manuel Noriega smoke:? Not Known
- Did Manuel Noriega drink alcohol:? Yes
- He was born as Manuel Antonio Noriega Morena in Panama City, the Republic of Panama.
- His father, Ricaurte Noriega, was an accountant.
- At the age of 5, Noriega was abandoned by his parents. Later, he was raised by his aunt, Mama Luisa.
- In 1968, he became the Lieutenant of the Panama National Guard.
- In 1970, he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel.
- In 1971, he visited the United States at the request of the US Government to help secure the release of the crews of 2 American freighters seized by the Cuba.
- In 1983, he became the Chief of Military Intelligence.
- In August 1983, he was promoted to General and Commander of the National Guard.
- He took command of the Panamanian Army and remained military dictator of Panama from 1983 to 1990.
- On 20 December 1989, the United States invaded Panama and launched “Operation Just Cause” to oust Noriega.
- On 3 January 1990, he surrendered to the US Army.
- On 10 July 1992, the US Court sentenced him to 40 years in prison.
- On 4 March 1999, the US Court reduced his sentence to 30 years.
- On 26 April 2010, he was extradited to France after Hillary Clinton (the then US Secretary of State) signed an extradition order.
- On 11 December 2011, a French Appeals Court extradited him to Panama to serve out his sentences for past crimes.
- On 5 February 2012, Noriega was hospitalized in Panama City for hypertension and a possible stroke.
- On 9 May 2012, he was hospitalized in Panama City for bronchitis.
- On 15 July 2014, he filed a lawsuit against the Activision Blizzard (a video game company) for harming his reputation with the game, “Call of Duty: Black Ops II.”
- On 24 June 2015, Noriega apologized on Telemetro (the local broadcaster) to his country for the offenses of his regime.
- On 12 May 2016, his doctor reported that he will need to undergo a surgery to remove a benign brain tumor.
- On 29 May 2017, he died after suffering a hemorrhage following brain surgery.