Education: B. A. Psychology Honours
Age: 25 Years
Father: S Harpal Singh
|Profession(s)||Social Entrepreneur and Motivational Speaker|
|Famous For||• Being the Founder of Initiators of Change
• A renowned Youth Empowerment Activist of Punjab
• Recipient of the National Youth Award
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Youth Award Govt of India 2018
• Noble Asian of the Year 2019
• Rashtriya Gaurav Puruskar, 2018 by The Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
• Sikh Youth Icon Award, Sahibzada Jujhar Singh Gurmat Missionary college
• District Youth Icon Award for voter awareness, Ludhiana District Administration 2017
|Date of Birth||2 February 1996 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||25 Years|
|School(s)||• Guru Nanak International Public School Ludhiana
• MGM Public School Ludhiana
• BCM Arya Model Sr. Sec School Ludhiana
|College/University||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||B. A. Psychology Honours 2018|
|Political Ideology||Punjabiyat, Federalism|
|Hobbies||Poetry, Playing Cricket, Listening to Music|
|Controversy||Gauravdeep Returned his National Award to express his solidarity towards the farmers movement 2021.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- S Harpal Singh (Businessman)
Mother- Munish Kaur (Professor, Gurmat Studies)
|Grandparents||Grandfather- Late Giani Jagjit Singh Sidki|
|Siblings||Sister- Harshleen Kaur (Interior Designer) (Image in parents' section)|
|Personalities||Guru Gobind Singh ji, Bhagat Puran Singh, Bhagat Singh, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gauravdeep Singh
- Gauravdeep Singh is a popular youth empowerment icon of Punjab and has been actively advocating for youth rights and human rights from last 10 years.
- He started his organization Initiators of Change along with his sister and two of his friends in 2015 which is now an organization of over 2000 volunteers and has working branches all across North India.
- He comes from a highly religiously active background. He is the grandson of renowned Sikh scholar and founder Gurmat Gian Missionary college Late Giani Jagjit Singh Sidki.
- He has gone through many financial struggles during his childhood and teenage in his family.
- Gauravdeep has worked as a journalist and TV anchor with Ludhiana Live and Fateh TV.
- Gauravdeep has been an active social worker since childhood and was active in social activities of his city from his school days.
- In 2014, during his 11th grade Gaurav met Dr. Pranab Mukherjee the then President of India at Rashtrapati Bhawan as a part of his city’s delegation.
- In 2015, he met Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam during his visit to Ludhiana, according to him that small meeting with Dr. Kalam changed his life completely and gave him a vision of serve the society.
- Gauravdeep has written a punjabi poetry book “IKNaujawaan di Nazar ton.”
- He has been visiting colleges as a motivational speaker for last 3-4 years and has visited over 100 institutes which includes colleges like Lady Sri Ram College, Hindu College, Ramjas college Delhi Univserity, and IITs.
- He has served on various relief missions with his team during Kerala Floods 2018, Punjab Floods 2019, and Farmer Agitation 2020-21.
- Gaurav loves to watch Bollywood movies and listen to Bollywood songs.
- He played cricket and table tennis during his school and college days and still loves to play during his free days.